Xbox 360 controller for PC?

D3v0ur3r

Regular
Does anyone know if there is a difference at all between the regular Xbox 360 (wired) controller for the Xbox 360 & the Xbox 360 (wired) controller for the PC & the Xbox 360, other then the 3 dollar price?

Regular Xbox 360 controller = $39.99

Xbox 360 & PC controller = $42.99

No idea. I am just curious so I don't pay extra for a disk if that's the deal when the software is easily downloaded.

There shouldn't be, no. You'd just have to download a driver for it.

By the way, the wireless to USB PC adaptator should be released soon, if it didn't already. With it you can use a wireless X360 pad on your PC. It would be more pricey than buying a USB pad, but it could come cheaper, and more practical, if you already own wireless X360 pads.
It may also be a good idea if you play on gaming on an HTPC.

Does anyone know if there is a difference at all between the regular Xbox 360 (wired) controller for the Xbox 360 & the Xbox 360 (wired) controller for the PC & the Xbox 360, other then the 3 dollar price?

Regular Xbox 360 controller = $39.99

Xbox 360 & PC controller = $42.99

Um its the exact same controller..

I didnt even have to install any drivers, just plugged it in and it worked.

It even recognized the Xbox Live Wirless headsett!!!

There shouldn't be, no. You'd just have to download a driver for it.

By the way, the wireless to USB PC adaptator should be released soon, if it didn't already. With it you can use a wireless X360 pad on your PC. It would be more pricey than buying a USB pad, but it could come cheaper, and more practical, if you already own wireless X360 pads.
It may also be a good idea if you play on gaming on an HTPC.

I've already seen it available at my local Wal-Mart(YMMV) here in the US. BTW, it's called the "Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows". It should cost around $20US. Amazon.com currently has it for $17US.

Tommy McClain

No idea. I am just curious so I don't pay extra for a disk if that's the deal when the software is easily downloaded.

Funny... My controller for PC was cheaper than the 360 branded version...
But yeah, no difference at all. Although finding the drivers is annoying.

You can't just release a peripheral targeted/packaged for the PC market that needs a driver and then not include the driver. Thus you have the driver CD and slightly higher MSRP or whatever.

You can't just release a peripheral targeted/packaged for the PC market that needs a driver and then not include the driver. Thus you have the driver CD and slightly higher MSRP or whatever.

Sure you can, I mean who games and does not have a net connection? An extreme few, an extreme extreme few.

Does anyone know what the Vista drivers are like? I would expect them to be pre-installed and pretty good.

Hopefully I will know in a day or two anyway as my wireless reciever is due today/tommorow :D

Why not? Who actually installs the drivers off of any cd's that come with any hardware anyway? As far as I am concerned they might as well save me the costs and not include any manuals/cds.

Sure you can, I mean who games and does not have a net connection? An extreme few, an extreme extreme few.
That "extreme few" will complain.

If it bothers and perplexes you this much just buy a standard wired 360 controller from the 360 peripherals section and quite your bitchin'. Honestly, a lot of you like making a big deal out of nothing. Then when someone comes along and offers a simple explanation for why something is done you've always got a "smart" answer for it.

If you feel you don't need a driver CD DON'T BUY THE CONTROLLER THAT INCLUDES THE DRIVER CD. It's pretty cut and dry. It's not like you don't have a choice.

Back