Xbox 360 Briefing 2007

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
The Microsoft press conference for TGS is held today in Tokyo.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/819/819365p1.html
http://www.famitsu.com/blog/express/2007/09/_xbox_360_briefing_2007.html

photo-20070912-034915-0-7dca601693cbf52a0e4bd086593980e2.jpg

I want video of the Gaiden 2 and Lost Odyessy gameplay.

I'm impressed with the microsoft showing. Just empathizes 360's position as the year older platform with tons of fully developed, fun software.

You should really look at 360 development in Japan as being focused on those who like Japanese software in the west. Obviously it's never going to sell a ton in Japan, however there is a japan-centric videogamer segment in the west. This is what MS's Japan efforts are aimed at imo.

An example is my brother, who plays (well, before he got sucked into WOW) tons of Japanese RPG's on PS2.

Last edited by a moderator:
media

Just who exactly are they trying to attract with these pink and blue controllers? Little girls? It just seems so futile for MS to be going after that demographic in Japan.

I think the only hope Xbox360 has for a presence in Japan is as a very hardcore gamers machine. Peripherals like this are going to dilute their image and send a mixed message to gamers who are still be on the fence about 360.

It's not like they showed any new kid/mommy friendly games. They showed some pretty typically hardcore gamer games.

Just who exactly are they trying to attract with these pink and blue controllers? Little girls? It just seems so futile for MS to be going after that demographic in Japan.

I think the only hope Xbox360 has for a presence in Japan is as a very hardcore gamers machine. Peripherals like this are going to dilute their image and send a mixed message to gamers who are still be on the fence about 360.

It's not like they showed any new kid/mommy friendly games. They showed some pretty typically hardcore gamer games.

The only reason the 360 is failing in Japan is because of the lack of MahJongg & virtual dating sims.. C'mon M$ I thought that was pretty obvious by now? :rolleyes:

On another note:-

[gt]24817[/gt]

The only reason the 360 is failing in Japan is because of the lack of MahJongg & virtual dating sims..
Well Microsoft already has both, and for the latter, currently 360-exclusive Idol Master's DLC sales are apparently the third biggest in the world even though it's available only for the Japanese market...

Well Microsoft already has both, and for the latter, currently 360-exclusive Idol Master's DLC sales are apparently the third biggest in the world even though it's available only for the Japanese market...

EXACTLY!

Just shows that practically every 360 sold in Japan to date was sold because of these games!

:p

C'mon... someone tell me that no one video cam'd the NG2 gameplay. :cry:

If by little girls you mean 20-40 yr olds who look and act like they were 15, then yes. ;)

Its probably 1 day before TGS, or on first press day...
(prays for Team Ico announcment)

[edit]

20th September - Keynote by Khaz Hirai
"A look at our business strategy toward new growth: the expanding PlayStation world"

Note: keynote =/= pressfonf. Does anyone remebers Kutaragi's 4D ramblings from his previous keynote's? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me, or doesn't the audience seem excited at all? :(

And Itagaki, that guy is really odd (albeit brilliant as well). :)

Back