XB2 in late 2005 or early 2006: S&P Analyst

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Link

Q: What about innovation in its pipeline?
A: Microsoft has a number of significant projects going. However, the two most highly anticipated projects are currently the release of Longhorn, the next release of Microsoft's Windows operating system, which is scheduled for a 2006 release, and Xbox.2, which is scheduled for either a late 2005 or early 2006 launch.

Our main concern overall in the video-game-software industry is that we're getting into the later innings of the current generation of hardware consoles, and gamers and companies are starting to anticipate the next-generation launches of Playstation 3 and Xbox.2 -- most likely in 2006. There's a chance that Microsoft will try to beat Sony to the market by launching Xbox.2 in time for the holiday season of 2005.

It's just stock analyst talking.
He knows just about as much as we on this forum do, I bet he reads B3D too :)
Edit: Not that I don't believe MS will launch xb2 then, I think that timeframe is most likely.

I definitely see a late 2005 launch in time to beat the Christmas spree.It is the only way to really accumulate enough sales to where their name can immediately be recognized in thousands of homes before the others launch the market.Anything beyond this is just plain dumb when you have others right around the corner racing in to devour your share.

Spidermate said:
I definitely see a late 2005 launch in time to beat the Christmas spree.It is the only way to really accumulate enough sales to where their name can immediately be recognized in thousands of homes before the others launch the market.Anything beyond this is just plain dumb when you have others right around the corner racing in to devour your share.

Talking about MS? What share?!

*ducks*

london-boy said:
Spidermate said:

Talking about MS? What share?!

*ducks*

Funny. :)

No,but really,if Microsoft plans to 1Up competition and save money on harware at the same time,the safest approach would be before Christmas.

I agree, it would be very advantageous for Microsoft to have a holiday season to themselves. If they wait until early 2006, then they'll atleast have Revolution to deal with when the holiday season comes around.

I think Sony will have it lucky if MS and Nintendo battle it out at the beginning, then leave some time for things to calm down, and strike them both with a supposedly much superior platform to both of MS and Ninty.

Having one christmas for themselves will not change much. They will sell to hardcore gamers a few million units, the same gamers that will buy the ps3 in 2006 just because it is the next big thing. If they had 2 christmas in a row, that would be different, and maybe they do hope for a ps3 delay.

playing the waiting game guarantees results, and the most powerful hardware always wins.

at least that's how I remember how things worked out for the N64.

MrSingh said:
playing the waiting game guarantees results, and the most powerful hardware always wins.

at least that's how I remember how things worked out for the N64.

Maybe u need to refresh ur memory. N64 didn't win anything. The most powerful console never wins anything.

Back