X800XT pictured.

rainz said:

I think today saturday May 1st, the FU(A)D is all over us ;-)

This picture looks more like a X800 PRO ;-)

310170x800_1.jpg

So anyone has an idea about that yellow connector that is on the X800 XT but it seems not on the X800 Pro ?

PatrickL said:
So anyone has an idea about that yellow connector that is on the X800 XT but it seems not on the X800 Pro ?
damn it really looks like an Audio IN port :LOL: ,but i think maybe it's the second power connector ?,like they where on R9700 and R9500 ?,but still this one is yellow,then it is some kind of "future connector" or it is just a engeneering sample and the final models wont have that kind of "mystery"

BARTMAN said:
damn it really looks like an Audio IN port :LOL: ,but i think maybe it's the second power connector ?,like they where on R9700 and R9500 ?,but still this one is yellow,then it is some kind of "future connector" or it is just a engeneering sample and the final models wont have that kind of "mystery"

My thought on seeing it was that it was a floppy power connector. I have no clue on the yellow color, though--as you say that could be something relative to prototype samples only--or, it might be that ATi color coded it to draw attention to it so that people will know to connect it in addition to the molex, whereas if both were white people might think it was an either-or proposition (some people are negligent on reading the instructions, you know...;))

I will say, if these photos turn out to be representative of the final products, it looks like ATi, again, will be the pick of system OEMs, provided the x800 performance is there. These cards look really svelte and system friendly in several ways.

It's an XT PE, alright. I think they're VIVO, actually - might be what the yellow thingy is for (perhaps an internal vid feed from another AIB).

DAve already said that it wasn't for power. Somebody thought it might be a usb connection or something...

MuFu said:
It's an XT PE, alright. I think they're VIVO, actually - might be what the yellow thingy is for (perhaps an internal vid feed from another AIB).
Ah-HA!!! 8)

So the XT PE is probably the $499 card and that site screwed up more than just releasing the info early I'll wager..... ;)

Lezmaka said:
or FireWire?
It would be very very stupid to be a firewire.

Do you really think ATI or any other VPU manufacturers would design their cards to share current firewire's 400 Mbps bandwidth with AGP bus ?
They're trying to squeeze every last drop of performance from their VPU/board/memory design.

We still dont know if the memory maker for ATI card is Micron or Samsung?

The latest rumor i have seen was that Samsung gddr3 needed 2.0 V instead of 1.8 V for Micron. But rumors ...

PatrickL said:
We still dont know if the memory maker for ATI card is Micron or Samsung?

The latest rumor i have seen was that Samsung gddr3 needed 2.0 V instead of 1.8 V for Micron. But rumors ...

Well there is nothing rumor about it, unless you think Samsung and Micron are behind the rumors. Both have whitepapers on it. Samsung lists 1.8 to 2.0V and micron lists 1.7-1.9V.

was thinking some sort of bridge between 2 PCI-E cards, but I guess you want some better sort of cable for that..
And maybe you cant slap in a PCI-E card in the "non 16x" ports either? heh

Sxotty said:
DAve already said that it wasn't for power. Somebody thought it might be a usb connection or something...

OK, thanks...;) I wonder...if that ties in somehow with ATi's recently announced USB TV Tuner for desktops and laptops, in some fashion...?

Back