X800 pro VIVO & VGA Silencer rev3?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Dang it, I tried cleaning up my 9700 pro and throwing it in but the pink lines are still there....anyone know if a rev 3 Silencer fits on an X800 pro VIVO? :|

Oh, and sidenote: anyone know anywhere I could get my 9700 pro fixed at? Or is that something I should bug Rich Huddy about?

I am using a rev 3 on an X800 pro VIVO and it fits fine, worth bearing in mind though that the fan connector only has two holes so you lose the fan speed monitoring.

My silencer already has it's power line spliced to a pass-thru molex....it's kind of a habit of mine. :oops:

Thanks though, I reckon I should toss it on my X800 now then. I wonder if I should toss the heatsinks on too....does any double-sided type clear sticky tape work well for heatsink tape or is there something actually special about heatsink tape?

I got a roll of "Scotch Permanent Double Stick Tape" here just begging me to use it.... (I prefer to tape 'em on for now, I don't want to use superglue on my card.....yet. ;) )

Don't use Scotch tape. I think it's not designed for heat transfer. Go with thermal adhesive. I used Arctic Silver Alumina adhesive and it's great (it smells bad though).

MasterBaiter said:
The double-sided tape deal. :oops:
Oh. :oops:

Well, it works to keep the cats from knocking "Buddy Christ" off my monitor....
bleh2.gif

Hehe. I can understand the use of tape as a temporary means of adhesion, but you might want to try thermal (aka "frag") tape, which is meant for the job. I would think that besides the fact that normal tape doesn't have good thermal qualities... the sticky stuff would just get less sticky as the temps went up. :?

If it's not a temp fix I'd go with some thermal epoxy though. :)

Back