X360 style PS3 controller

Could happen, but I have noticed a darth of Xbox 360 3rd party controllers (due to licensing?) I am sure down the road you will see PS-like controllers on the 360, but not sure about vice versa.

Yeah, the licensing is what I'm curious about... not sure how it all works... hopefully it is possible though.

Unless MS control the layout, I can't see why you couldn't get 3rd party PS3 controllers with the left controls reversed. That's different to wanting a 3rd party XB360 controller for XB360. Asymetric controllers outside of XB peripherals some non-existent though. There doesn't appear to have been a market (at least one peripheral companies cared to target) for XB layout controllers for PS2, so I doubt they'd see such a market for PS3. And given the need for motion sensing, 3rd party controllers might be few and far between anyway.

Unless MS control the layout, I can't see why you couldn't get 3rd party PS3 controllers with the left controls reversed.
How could they control it when they stole it from Nintendo?

I'm not all that keen about the placing of the left analog on Sony controllers either (it looks pretty tacked-on, I have to say), but 3rd-party controllers often have a noticeably lower-quality feel to them. Buttons may be squishy or too stiff (and might not always register presses either), the sticks can be flimsy and erratic, the plastic shell's halves might not match up etc... I tend to stay away from 3rd party stuff myself, though I did buy two MadCatz xbox controllers for my PC, using Redcl0ud's joystick driver and a liksang converter cable. Works great. :D

How could they control it when they stole it from Nintendo?

You mean that silly 3 pronged controller? :LOL:

The 360 controller is definitely the best controller ergonomically that I've ever used. The PSPad is silly with the placement of its sticks. Thumbs simply aren't meant to bend like that - the controller is designed for aesthetics over function.

Having said that, the X360 just uses a USB port for its controller - So I wonder if it'll be able to connect to the PS3 via the same method? Yeah I know drivers and all. But still it would be awesome cause dual shock is the suck ;)

Having said that, the X360 just uses a USB port for its controller - So I wonder if it'll be able to connect to the PS3 via the same method? Yeah I know drivers and all. But still it would be awesome cause dual shock is the suck ;)

MS could solve the rumble problem on the PS3! :LOL:

Back