X360 Prices to drop yearly?

Yeah, if PS3 comes in high at $399 or higher I don't see MS budging from the $299 mark in fall of 2006. They will have a leg up on game availability in 2006 and will have Halo. Those are compelling "selling" points. After that though as Sony's game producing machine gets under way and hits full steam and inevitable price drops MS will have to make moves in 2007 to remain competitive.

You know, I wonder if any console maker ever considered raising the game price, say $10, to subsidize the console. e.g. Game selling for $50-$60 instead of $40-$50, and chopping off $100 on the console price tag. Sounds crazy, I know. If MS was offering a $200 360 at launch I am sure there would be crazy adoption of it. Ditto if it dropped to $100 in 2007. It would be a big bill up front, but that leaves people with more cash to buy games. And the more people who have console the more game sales.

Oh wait, MS is already doing that with periphrials! :devilish: Whoever heard of a $40 corded controller :LOL:

The console companies get their money from titles as disc printed, not sold. As such this extra money would be charged to the publishers, costing them twice as much to publish a game before the game ever got to the shelf, and providing no better returns to the publishers when the game sold. I doubt they'd publish for that machine when another was cheaper.

Back