X1800XT looks to be a really great card!

All things considered, X1800XT looks to be a really great forward-looking video card!

Two of these cards in Crossfire would be a really compelling solution, because you could always use highest quality AF, and/or super AA, and/or HDR+AA. Even using just a single card, in some games there is relatively little performance drop when using highest quality AF.

The biggest problem is availability. By the time that this card is released, NV will surely have something a bit faster than 7800GTX. Even so, there is no way NV could match the X1800XT's feature set by the time this ATI card is available for purchase, as they would have to introduce a brand new architecture.

Anyway, I really think that the features on the X1800XT will allow for a richer gaming experience visually versus existing graphics cards from both NV and ATI.

yup.

EDIT: I'm particularly inerested to see the difference the newer version of CF compared to the old one.

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmyjames123 said:
The biggest problem is availability. By the time that this card is released, NV will surely have something a bit faster than 7800GTX. Even so, there is no way NV could match the X1800XT's feature set by the time this ATI card is available for purchase, as they would have to introduce a brand new architecture.

Yeah. It looks like Nvidia is going to be giving ATI a hard time at the marketplace with its competitive prices and performance all the way into the spring of 2006. I dont see any way ATI can take back the market until it releases a 24 or 32 pipe part that just kills Nvidia. ATI lost a crapload of money on the 1000XT series taping it out 2-3 times? Now they come into the market that is saturated with a Nvidia part cheaper than the x1800XL and in almost all cases faster. Not good for ATI.

I thought the card looked pretty solid. If I wasnt sitting this round out I would probably pick one up once the price comes down to Nvidia's level.

It looks great, but what's up with the abysmal "idle" power draw?!

Pete said:
It looks great, but what's up with the abysmal "idle" power draw?!

Hmm, does anyone know of the dynamic voltage adjustment is implemented in the drivers for it?

Back