X1600Pro vs a 9800XT?

Just bought a x1600 pro AGP 512MB and should be here in a couple of days, I currently have a 9800 XT, if you want I could do some tests for you.

NocturnDragon said:
Just bought a x1600 pro AGP 512MB and should be here in a couple of days, I currently have a 9800 XT, if you want I could do some tests for you.

I would love to see that mate!

Tahir2 said:
I would love to see that mate!

Any preferences?
The bad part is that i don't have many games,
But I could test 3dmark from 2001 to 2006, aquamark and then if you point me to some tests you want to see (or even some game demos that supports testing) I'd be happy to test them.

I would ignore 3DMark2001SE as I doubt you will see much difference and not anything to conclude from. It has become more of a system benchmark that tests CPU and memory power with most moden gfx cards.

Shadermark would be a good and simple benchmark to use too. Gameswise.. anything you have really.. more variety the better but dont overdo it! You could just use Fraps I suppose with a couple of your favourite games.

gforce 6600GT

I would recommend you getting a gforce6600 GT cuz when i upgraded from a 6200 oc it had the hugest bust in performance ever. but make sure it the 256 MB one!!then the 6600 GT died on my about a year latter than i upgraded to SLI If you dont have a budget go with SLI then you wont have to keep upgrading and upgarding.
160 GB

totalSLIgamer26 said:
I would recommend you getting a gforce6600 GT cuz when i upgraded from a 6200 oc it had the hugest bust in performance ever. but make sure it the 256 MB one!!then the 6600 GT died on my about a year latter than i upgraded to SLI If you dont have a budget go with SLI then you wont have to keep upgrading and upgarding.

A 6600GT is actually slower than a 9800XT iirc.

BTW there is a little problem with my x1600 pro, yesterdy I went to that store and even if the board was supposed to be there by wensday it still wasn't. So i cancelled my order and now i need to find some other store nearby that has one!

NocturnDragon said:
A 6600GT is actually slower than a 9800XT iirc.
Not even close. Sometimes with AA and high res (only doable on older games on these cards) you have the 9800XT catch up, but usually the 6600GT has a big advantage.

BTW there is a little problem with my x1600 pro, yesterdy I went to that store and even if the board was supposed to be there by wensday it still wasn't. So i cancelled my order and now i need to find some other store nearby that has one!
That's funny, I had a similar thing happen to me on an order I placed online 10 days ago. Looks like they'll cancel the order now, so I can buy from somewhere else. If you don't mind online shopping, this is what I'm trying for next:
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=190559
The HIS cooler should be quiet, so that's why I'm going for this model.

Back