WSBK 2009 Season...

suryad

Veteran
Anyone watch the first round at Phillip Island? What a gorgeous track that is. It was awesome to see Haga and Spies duke it out. I was very happy to see the Aprilia be so competitive right out of the box. I was actually expecting the BMW to be kicking the Aprilia's butt but I am glad that was not the case. I think WSBK is much more interesting than Motogp is though.

Anyone see the WSBK round last weekend in Qatar? The Aprilias look sweet and hats off to them and Max for securing rostrum positions. Man we all knew Ben Spies was going to be fast but that was amazing lol. That guy is a freaking robot! I guess that Yamaha cross plane crank must be doing something right.

Looks like there is some additional controversy going on about some people claiming that the RSV4 is too much of a prototype bike to be allowed to race in that series. Apparently some ECU or fuelling part cant remember which is a prototype part and not on the road bikes that are homologated so I wonder whats going to happen. I am a big fan of the Aprilia so I hope they dont get docked.

The action should pick up more once things get to Europe and I Cant wait for it. Last year was an awesome season so I have high hopes for this one as well!

Back