Wreckfest coming to console soon (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by turkey, Jun 29, 2019.

1. turkey

Regular Newcomer

I am not sure if anyone has been following this but Bugbear studios who formally made the Flat out series have turned their hand at banger racing.

Originally titled next car game they released an impressive physics demo on pc and went down the early access road.

Some years ago I backed them with the promise of a console download code when it launches and for quite some time this seemed like it would never happen, not having a PC I've not played it. Fairly hyped to see them finally tweet about console.

If your interested in what the game is then here is the trailer

Loads of YouTube content out there. It's been too long since a good destruction derby game or even game mode.

Release should be Xbox and PlayStation

Cyan and milk like this.
  2. JPT

JPT
    Veteran

Demolition derby looked a bit fun, I thought the racing was not that much fun to watch. Will probaby give it a spin on the PS4

turkey and DSoup like this.
  3. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Lacking a Motorstorm reboot, I'd love to see a spiritual successors to Destruction Derby 2 from the original PlayStation era. Some driving games just feel so right and DD2 and Motorstorm were two such games where even when you lost, it was just fun to play.

Tkumpathenurpahl likes this.
  4. JPT

JPT
    Veteran

Yes, missing motorstom, Onrush was ok, but I missed the racing aspect.

DSoup likes this.
  5. turkey

Regular Newcomer

The racing aspect seems to have changed a few times over the years from what I have seen with casual YouTube clips. I am not sure what modes are going to be in the console release. It probably plays better than it looks but destruction derby is where my interest is.
    Hopefully it's not dumbed down too much

6. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

the litte I've seen from this game seems a lot of fun. It's strange that games like the original Destruction Derby aren't that common. They are usually very fun