WOW! first game using OpenGL 2.0 "Pirates of XXI centur

Nice! Looks like it might take the 'Best Waves Lapping On Beach Effect' from 'Far Cry', which is some achievement...

http://world.altavista.com/ said:
The first section OpenGL 2.0 games considers it a pleasure to be among the first to read - 2004-9-7 15:30:00 P2MM | Ukraine new sharp game merchant DIOsoft is researching and developing field first section to support OpenGL 2.0 PC game - Pirates of XXI century (the 21st century pirate), Pirates of XXI century describes the marine some tourist attraction, the local three influences - Hong Kong Mafia, the American special troops, as well as nearby marine pirate, plays the role which the family acts on this island to carry on the risk, simultaneously must be supposed to these three influences threat. The DIOsoft this section game engine take OpenGL 1.5 as a foundation, uses OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) the language compilation, because the SIGGRAPH 2,004 congresses officially issue the OpenGL 2.0 standards, therefore DIOsoft in the middle of the engine, urgently joins to the OpenGL 2.0 supports. At present the ATi X800 series, the nVIDIA Geforce 6,800 series all support OpenGL 2.0.
This gets you there...

Engine Data.
3-dimensional engine: Monstrator
Developer: Diosoft
Operating systems supported: Windows, Linux
Graphic API: OpenGL
Programming language: C++

Features:
- Use for open and closed spaces;
- Local object detailing (LOD) is used actively;
- Terrain display library based on smooth detailing change for visualization of large open areas;
- Special display mode for underwater;
- All shadows are dynamic;
- Buildings with elevators, opening doors, bedside tables, trunks, several dynamic light sources;
- Realistic physical modeling for all object types;
- Real-time physics with solid body dynamics;
- Inertia, acceleration, damping and application of force.

Monstrator looks nice. :)

Hmm "all shadows are dynamic" and then "several dynamic lights". Anyway, "first to use OGL 2.0" means nothing unless the game is already released. Many were expecting HL2 to be the first "real" DX9 game and then FarCry came out of left field and surprised everyone. Best laid plans... and all that. <shrug>

Mordenkainen said:
Many were expecting HL2 to be the first "real" DX9 game and then FarCry came out of left field and surprised everyone. Best laid plans... and all that. <shrug>
Not to mention Doom 3.

Chalnoth said:
Mordenkainen said:
Many were expecting HL2 to be the first "real" DX9 game and then FarCry came out of left field and surprised everyone. Best laid plans... and all that. <shrug>
Not to mention Doom 3.

I'm not quite aware what you mean. Doom 3 is the first game with a unified lighting model.

:?:

Mordenkainen said:
Many were expecting HL2 to be the first "real" DX9 game and then FarCry came out of left field and surprised everyone.
I wouldn't say either are DX9 games; more like DX8.1 I'd class a DX9 game as one requiring DX9, not one that occasionally utilises it. If you compare screenshots of 'Far Cry' taken on DX8.1 class hardware with DX9 hardware there is virtually no difference visually.

Diplo said:
I wouldn't say either are DX9 games; more like DX8.1 I'd class a DX9 game as one requiring DX9, not one that occasionally utilises it.

Heh, that's really another discussion. I wouldn't say I disagree with what you say but I was talking about "public perception". Otherwise, by this token, HL2 is a DX6 level since it only requires a TNT2 to work and that's not really "fair", if you will. (I think valve later upped the min req system and it's looking like Dx7 minimum now).

OMG That water looks SOOOOO sweet. Also the shadows from the palm tree looks nice though I would be surprised if they had been drawn or precomputed never the less it looks nice.

Looks gorgeous to me, and I am really liking the fact they are going to support linux. Wish more games would!

Thats some weird Landrover in the second last shot. Its got series doors, but a defender front.

Gee, doesnt anybody research things now days ;)

Back