wow, can people give me an explanation to this?

I think they made a mistake, every other review has the X800XT leading by a wide margin.

pocketmoon_ said:
Nvidia 61.10 Drivers ? I wonder what other sites used...

not really - funny that every major site has ATI killing NV on Far Cry.

dodgy site/review if you ask me:

2122.png

dr3amz said:
pocketmoon_ said:
Nvidia 61.10 Drivers ? I wonder what other sites used...

not really - funny that every major site has ATI killing NV on Far Cry.

dodgy site/review if you ask me:

2122.png

*sigh* this whole far cry issue is so lame. we have the nv40 running the wrong code path, new drivers with higher performance and display issues etc etc. who knows what's gonna happen when all this folly boils down?

and i thought it was a universal fact that any review showing Nvidia beating ATI is dodgy/lame/unprofessional etc etc :LOL: :LOL:

but isn't it also a known fact that nvidia will try to b/s their way into and out of any situation? :D

seriously - benchmarks show the x800 has the power over 1280x1024/aa/af etc - the 6800 just can't keep up :p

anyway - this is just gonna go around in circles, ur obviously a fanb0y type ;) and therefore cannot accept reason :D

hehe

dr3amz said:
but isn't it also a known fact that nvidia will try to b/s their way into and out of any situation? :D

seriously - benchmarks show the x800 has the power over 1280x1024/aa/af etc - the 6800 just can't keep up :p

anyway - this is just gonna go around in circles, ur obviously a fanb0y type ;) and therefore cannot accept reason :D

hehe

I don't argue man...I just make observations so I don't need to accept anybody's 'reason' :p

1) It's great that ATI is pushing the envelope with current game performance so that I can get the best bang for the buck

2) It's great that Nvidia pushed the envelope with introducing more advanced features to help push the market forward while still providing very high performance in current games

(1) or (2) may be more important depending on who you talk to

3) Anybody who tries to degrade the efforts of any of these companies is a complete moron and deserves to be rolled up in a ball and shoved up a donkeys butt hole :devilish:

trinibwoy said:
3) Anybody who tries to degrade the efforts of any of these companies is a complete moron and deserves to be rolled up in a ball and shoved up a donkeys butt hole :devilish:

That's being a bit hard on the donkey, don't you think? Maybe scruntch the person up into an egg shape instead of a ball....same effect for the person, but much easier on the donkey's ass...

trinibwoy said:
1) It's great that ATI is pushing the envelope with current game performance so that I can get the best bang for the buck

2) It's great that Nvidia pushed the envelope with introducing more advanced features to help push the market forward while still providing very high performance in current games

Well said..

trinibwoy said:
dr3amz said:

hehe

I don't argue man...I just make observations so I don't need to accept anybody's 'reason' :p

finally got a decent answer from you, took some pushing to do though :D (i wasn't being serious with the fanb0y stuff you know ;) )

i'd feel sorry for the donkey if you tried to shove a 6800 up there though... where as the x800 would fit nicely i'd imagine :)

trinibwoy said:
*sigh* this whole far cry issue is so lame. we have the nv40 running the wrong code path, new drivers with higher performance and display issues etc etc. who knows what's gonna happen when all this folly boils down?

Well it's useful information to me. It shows me that a few weeks before release, Nvdia is still having major driver issues (performance,IQ and compatabiltiy) with one of the biggest games of the year on their brand new clean-the-slate flagship product. Don't forget that this is a game that was showcased at the NV40 launch.

That's useful to know when considering a which card to buy, especially given all Nvidia's driver problems over the last year.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Well it's useful information to me. It shows me that a few weeks before release, Nvdia is still having major driver issues (performance,IQ and compatabiltiy) with one of the biggest games of the year on their brand new clean-the-slate flagship product. Don't forget that this is a game that was showcased at the NV40 launch.

That's useful to know when considering a which card to buy, especially given all Nvidia's driver problems over the last year.

No, wait, remember, it's a few weeks after release. They mean it, really! :rolleyes:

To quote myself from this other B3D thread:
For those of you who stoped doubting the ability of Nvidia to sink any lower need to rethink things...

Taken from EliteBastards.com:

Chips DE is reporting that changing the executable from "FarCry.exe" to "FartCry.exe" causes a signifigant perfomance loss on the newest nVidia drivers for their 6800 card (the "FartCry.exe" results are the top column, the regular "FarCry.exe" results are the second one):

Back