worm on 3DMark03

Nice.
Thanks for that. Gives a bit more insight into the company and their thoughts.

I would have thought that they would have had more than 26 people working for them though...

[NH]: There has been some complaints that the CPU, RAM and MOBO influenced the scores too much, is this any different in the 03 version?

[FM]: As we have focused even more heavily on the Shaders in 3DMark®03, the graphics card is more of a bottleneck than it was in 2000 and 2001. 3DMark®03 comes with a separate CPU test for more in-depth CPU benchmarking.

:!:

This is a huge relief, thanks. 8)

I was wondering what the price would be for 3DMark03 registered version.. but we will have to wait for that I guess :)

ClyssaN said:
...We think it's yet a bit early to have FSAA on as default...

:(

Personally I hope they at least update their online results browser to show more than just "FSAA" since currently that could mean 2, 3 or 4x (and even 0x since their detection isn't fool proof).
Adding Aniso to the ORB would also be nice.

*hint hint worm* :)

btw getting many hits on the interview, roughly 1000 unique hits an hour ;)
(that's for both the swedish and the english version though)

ClyssaN said:
...We think it's yet a bit early to have FSAA on as default...

:(

Well what would you expect, really? Many (most, probably) of the cards out there today either can't do FSAA at all or don't even do 2x FSAA comfortably (pre-GF3 class cards)... Forcing those that can to run with FSAA as standard would be completely unfair.

You have to remember not only the GF3+ users run these programs you know...

*G*

Well what would you expect, really? Many (most, probably) of the cards out there today either can't do FSAA at all or don't even do 2x FSAA comfortably (pre-GF3 class cards)... Forcing those that can to run with FSAA as standard would be completely unfair.

I understand your point, but i still think AA should be default. I own a geforce2 GTS and there is already some tests that won't run on 3dmark2001.

The software is way behind the hardware, so i think AA should be default, but hey, it's only a benchmark :)

You need a quality baseline to do a 'fair' comparison, so there's no sensible way of using a certain AA mode as default setting. I don't think the default settings are of much value either

Tahir said:
I was wondering what the price would be for 3DMark03 registered version.. but we will have to wait for that I guess :)

$39.99 for dl version and 49.99 for cd version

When is 3dmark03SE coming out?

On Tuesday Feb 11th (i.e tommorow)

The price info I got from futuremark.com and the release date was calulated from the 3dmark03 counter also on futuremark.com

The software is way behind the hardware, so i think AA should be default, but hey, it's only a benchmark

This software will kill all systems for sure :) Don't you worry! An admin over on the futuremark fourms posted a low fps warning!

Back