World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Dresden, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

okay thanks, i'll do that.

2. Dooby

Regular

[​IMG]

YARR!

I have to say, WotLK is as much a step up in fun over TBC as TBC was over standard. The quests are generally more inventive and exciting. Im playing as a Death Knight in their starting area (which should show some of the newer quest ideology) and so far Ive had to take out Scarlet Crusaders with a canon, fly a dead dragon over a town, and charge Lights Hope Chapel with giants and ghouls fighting along side me.

Crazy battles and much more fun than before. If the rest of WotLK is like this, we're in for a good ride to lvl80!

3. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/intro.xml

Opening cinematic released! I don't know what to think of Death Knights. One per realm. Tank/DPS class. They're not really interesting to me. But I feel avoiding them entirely would be a major mistake. Plate wearing classes in general have never been my forte, and now I feel like one is being shoved down my throat, forcibly.

4. sonix666

Regular

Then it's time to search some help, since noone is forcing a Death Knight class down your throat. ;)

5. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

I don't like the idea of being GIVEN a character I don't want. Or if I reject the idea entirely, it just won't make any sense to other people. If I was interested in any of the Death Knight's attributes, I would have rolled a warrior. Now, it seems, my lack of interest is going to get me in a heap of trouble, or force me to play a character I didn't ask for.... It doesn't seem like a totally bad idea in some sense, though. I saw a video yesterday showing some footage of the process of becoming a DK. They hand you a set of rare gear and what appears to be a pretty neat looking ground mount. There were some skeletal flying mounts, too, which was pretty cool. And the ability to add runes to weapons which act like enchants, was also nice. Seeing THOSE additions, kind of sold me. I still don't like the plate wearer, in general.

#85 Dresden, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
  6. Jack_Tripper

Newcomer

I still don't understand the problem then I guess...cause the obvious remark goes something like "then don't play a deathknight" No one is making you play it - and even though you will be given that character - by no means should you feel like you NEED to play it

Jack

7. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

HEAVY SPOILER WARNING
    Do NOT click the link if you want to be spared from spoilers
    http://files.filefront.com/WOW+Wrathgate+1024avi/;11881764;/fileinfo.html

Also, if don't paint the white text below, it's a description of the video
    Looks like Forsaken finally got their own Plague done, and will be messing with both Hordes & Alliances plans, not to mention Arthas'. Alexstrasza Herself interrupts

Also, more on the following (Horde) questline
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/911
    and more white text
    Orgrimmar gets filled by Forsaken refugees, Sylvanas is in Thralls chambers, Undercity possible "out-of-order" so to say, not usable as major city (temporarily)? Seems that the people who attacked with the plague are Forsaken, but working without Sylvanas's permit. There's more too on the blizzplanet page which I haven't read or watched through yet

#87 Kaotik, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  8. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

http://eu.blizzard.com/en/press/081028.html

Blizzard announced that WoW has breached 11 million active accounts barrier. This doesn't include trial- or already closed accounts, only those with active, paid playing time.

9. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

that game took a chunk of my soul i think. im getting lich king, but probably won't play it till i get into a gaming drought (no available new titles i want)

10. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

I was in the beta for a while. Played through the first zone I entered (Howling Fjord), but quit when I found myself sneaking further and further into Northrend.

The new expansion is extremely slick and well designed. Things look very good. Gear and weapons have a much more rustique look than Outland's sci-fi/crystal stuff. The nordic/viking influences are strong, but there's also some rather Burtonesque influences, like the Northrend wolves, and the new Forsaken buildings which now have a unique, much more gothic look to them rather than just a dilapidated re-skin of the equivalent hoomie building.

The music is also totally fabulous.

11. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

so if i quit playing at level 64...do i have to get to level 70 (in burning crusade) before i can do the licj king stuff? anybody know percentagewise how much additional world there is?

12. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

Quite close, one could assume the limit for northrend would be 68, like 58 was for outlands. IIRC they've mentioned that there's more new land to explore than in Outlands

13. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

I don't think there is a level limit for northrend. You get there by hopping onto a boat or an airship. If you were too low, how would the game handle that? It can't very well dump you into the ocean when it's time to load the new continent...

I went to northrend with a character that was 65. It was very hard to kill anything at that level, but I could GO there no problem. I think Blizzard felt the 58 limit in burning crusade was arbitrary and strange and simply removed it.

14. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

The game certainly hasn't had a problem with that when transporting players between the old continents, I can't imagine why it would be problem when going to a new one :lol:
    (yes, it's a bug, and the ships never meant to go to stonetalon mountains either, but it nevertheless happened several times)
    Could be, dunno.

15. Jedi2016

Veteran

I'm still not sure how the level limit works for Outland. My guildmates indicate that the limit is still there, at least to use the actual portals to go there "for real". Although there are workarounds.. I was barely lv10 when I got my first trip to Shattrath via a mage port, and I've had my hearth there ever since. I'm nearly lv50 now, so it would be stupid to leave the city, but not quite suicidal anymore.

I guess I can try to take the ship to Northrend once I pick up the expansion. But since I'm not yet lv70, I probably won't be picking it up for a few more weeks at least.

16. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

Outlands level limitation is only in the dark portal itself, one can always be summoned there, or can use the mage portal to shattrath to get there earlier.