World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Dresden, Aug 3, 2007.

1. webarchitect

Newcomer

WoW for life.....find me the flamingo...

2. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

thanks for the advice. i find it more fun to solo so far. though some things i just can't handle by myself due to impossibility of draw mostly. tho i spose i pay for the soloing. im only L34 now. im also not finding the best stuff as i read about an L31 rogue on the interwebs last week who had like twice the armor (me 625, him >1100) and twice the attack power that i do. (me 50-75 him >100), but hell i can only find what's dropped i guess.

3. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

Well, people who have played longer often "twink" their characters, get them boosted in instances until they get the best drops from them, buy enchants/gear from AH etc without caring for the costs
    That easily explains such differences

4. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

uhm..this is something to do?

man lastnight i went over to theramore (not much time over there yet)...and in 15 minutes bagged >10K XP (had a 5500 completed i'd forgotten about)...in 45 minutes >40K XP with some EZPZ missions around there. i need to find more stuff like that! L35 now. usually would take me days to level.

anyway wats the deal with burning crusade? if i install it, does that make me start over?

5. Tokelil

Regular

No, it just gives you more options on where to go. I can't see a reason not to install it right away.

6. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

It gives you 2 new races to choose from, and their respective new starting zones aswell, aswell as Outlands, which you can enter at level 58, and then access to countless new items, and eventually level 70.
    There's no reason not to install it right away, and it doesn't affect your gameplay directly at lower level at all, you can continue normally.

7. Tim Murray

Tim Murray the Windom Earle of mobile SOCs
    Veteran

8. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

well i finally reached L60....got my super duper mount....but what can i do with ol brownie (my original mount)...and how do the stables work? i can't get them to take ol brownie, tho i bought a slot.

i've installed burning crusade...dang 450K to L61...im feeling tired.

9. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Stables are for hunter pets, not for mounts. You can either keep the old mount in a bag or bank slot, or get rid of it. I never had the heart to destroy my mounts so they mostly just waste bag space.

Level 60-70 will take most people ~4 days (100 hours give or take 50) of play time.

10. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Stables are for Hunter pets. What can you do with your new horse? Travel faster on it.

11. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

You can stick in your bank or delete it.
    Stables are for hunters pets only.
    While the 450k sounds perhaps a lot, it comes quite quickly in the end, and considering how easily you've now reached 60 (since they've increased the amount of exp you get from quests etc), you're getting it almost "too easy" :)

12. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

Working on Netherwing rep currently. I just hit revered last night after 2 days of doing dailies. By my estimations I should be exalted, and these calculations were done based on the chance of not finding any eggs, in roughly 7 days worth of daily quests. The likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Thus far I've been beyond lucky with coming upon egg spawnpoints in mining nodes and placed randomly throughout the island. I robbed some ally fighting his way to one last night then vanished. I lol'd.

13. pcchen

pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

Speaking of netherwing mounts, although they are quite cool IMHO, my sister seems to think it's too "large," covering too much screen estates. So although she got netherwing mounts for both her L70s, she got the netherray mounts from the Shatar skyguards.

I, on the other hand, plays a druid which does not need a flying mount :)

14. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

Eh, she should just move the camera back then. They are decently large but that's part of the cool factor about them. In general though someone should play with their camera maxed anyway!

15. CJ

CJ
    Regular

I agree. Those netherwingdragons look cool, but they're just way too big.... but hey, I find myself too big in chickenform when I'm pewing. :oops: Anyway, epic flight form + 10% speed trinket > any mount. :p

16. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

does anyone know if, given adequate engineering XP, you can get a plane for a flying mount? i see them around, even see them taking off from inside ironforge, but i never see any in the air.

DAMN, why did they let me waste money buying stable slots then? sheesh.

#76 Cartoon Corpse, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  17. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

At 350 you can train for a flying machine, which you then craft. It requires artisan flight training, costing around 1k g. At 375 you can then craft a turbo-charged flying machine which requires expert flight training for 5k g. I myself am an engineer and just got around to making my turbo-charged one just two days ago. It's a pretty sweet ride, except the plumes of smoke have a nasty habit of obstructing the view. Plus the mats for both the regular and the epic flying machine are pretty steep, especially the epic. The amount of khorium it requires, you could build a fort with.

18. pcchen

pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

The most difficult mat for the normal flying machine is, IMHO, the C4 dynamites from the Consortiums. For a newly level 70 it's almost impossible to have enough reputation to learn that schematic. However, in my case I bought a built normal flying machine from the auction house for less than 70g... I have no idea why there were so many flying machines selling in the AH. Maybe it's just someone who wanted to practice engineering. :)

The epic flying machine is extremely expensive though. I got most of my khoriums from my sister, yet I still spent hundreds of golds to make that epic flying machine.

By the way, I don't think it's possible to use any flying mount in Ironforge. Maybe it's the "ghost ride" bug.

19. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

woohoo! thanks. i'll check ah (crafted items i guess?) for planes!

the one i saw taking off in ironforge were in a large sideroom. they were (looked) unmanned...a crane grabbed them as they came out of a hole in the wall..put them on a rail system...and they took off. not sure what the purpose was, if any. anyway they weren't player mounts.

the others i've seen, are like the airbase in the snowy mountaintop area between ironforge and menethil...amd some building, i can't remember where, where they were hung from the ceiling as if on display.

i wonder how come i never see them flying around? when i get mine im gonna make it a point to buzz folks...can you land anywhere? or just at airports?

20. Skrying

Skrying S K R Y I N G
    Veteran

If you read up on Warcraft lore you'll understand it a bit better, I'd recommend you do that anyway because some of the absolute best parts of the game are only good if you have clue as to the back story. Much of which is either 1.) Never explained in game or 2.) Hidden away in books that will take forever to find unless you read where they're located.

There are a limited number of flying mounts players can use. The only two mechanical flying mounts are the engineering helicopter/plane hybrid type one and then a rocket that's only available through those lucky enough (or they buy it) to find the code in the trading cards. These mounts can be flown anywhere in Outlands but cannot be flown at all in Azeroth.

I would really really really suggest reading WoWWiki.com. Not only just for lore but it'll explain many aspects of the game. Also look up your classes builds. Say you rolled Mage, type in "mage builds." You're going to be thought of way less if your build is not optimal... which is the case 99% of the time for people who don't read up on it. Very few are willing to seriously put in the time to test it out themselves and have the math skills to. Cookie cutter builds are cookie cutter for a reason.