Working at NVIDIA/ATI

Simon82

Newcomer
Are there any user inside B3D forum working at one of this wonderful company? Would you like to work inside its?
This is one of my best dreams but in this world there are not only PhD people or having Bachelor degrees.
There are also excellent technicians but watching opened job inside this type of company let this dream go away beacause are required skill and degree I don't have.

What about you?

nvidia and AMD (ATI) do employ people having bachelor degrees, however, your peformance at college should be spectacular and your final project should appeal to them. If you are unlucky and can't get a job there then you can go for imagination technologies(or any other IP company), working there for a few years should earn you enough experience to be accepted by nvidia or AMD. You can keep sending them CVs and ask them what qualifications there employees have so that they can point you at the right direction.

Oh, there are several (many? bajillions?) of B3D members who work at one company or the other.

Oh, there are several (many? bajillions?) of B3D members who work at one company or the other.

Really? :?:

Lucky man.. I agree with the gentle user that tell me to try at Imagionation Technologies but the requests there are not so far from the Ati/Nvidia ones.
For an italian user I think this could remain a dream but who know... :smile:

then you can go for imagination technologies(or any other IP company), working there for a few years should earn you enough experience to be accepted by nvidia or AMD.
Hmmm... I can see that going down well at an interview....
Interviewer: So, where do you see yourself in 3 years.
Interviewee: Well, after I work here for a couple of years I'd like to join your competitor...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why do you think it would be your dream job? I'm not saying it couldn't be, but what are your expectations?

Why do you think it would be your dream job? I'm not saying it couldn't be, but what are your expectations?

Well.. 3D cards and all the stuff around its are a passion since I was a kid. I follow 3D industry (as a interested consumer) since 3Dfx Voodoo cards and I've always thoke at a dream staying inside one of that company, knowing most I could making at the same time a dream come true. Just the fact of working inside it should make me think "OMG..OMG..OMG..OMG..it's not possible..want to work want to work..".
I've worked for good big companies in IT local industry but none could make me so happy as one of that. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? :?:

Lucky man.. I agree with the gentle user that tell me to try at Imagionation Technologies but the requests there are not so far from the Ati/Nvidia ones.
For an italian user I think this could remain a dream but who know... :smile:

Oh, ImgTec? Several of those staff here as well. :LOL: Between the three, I don't think it can be less than 20 B3D members. . . maybe more. I haven't tried to add it up lately. :LOL:

Oh, ImgTec? Several of those staff here as well. :LOL: Between the three, I don't think it can be less than 20 B3D members. . . maybe more. I haven't tried to add it up lately. :LOL:

Please hire meeeeeee....:D :oops:

Best things are when you read factory tour articles.. :runaway:

Best things are when you read factory tour articles.. :runaway:

Actually, we ought to send Rys and his handy-dandy camera down to ImgTec for a grin and gab. I'd like to see that myself. :D If Uttar could come over from Belgium for the day (is that an American being silly? London could be a day trip for a Belgian?) he'd probably die happy having toured ImgTec. Tho they'd have to search him on the way out. I wouldn't trust him not to pick up a sample if one was laying about! ;)

Actually, we ought to send Rys and his handy-dandy camera down to ImgTec for a grin and gab. I'd like to see that myself. :D
Definitely! If Simon and Xmas would have me, I'd love to pop down and say hello and do the ImgTec thang :smile:

Actually, we ought to send Rys and his handy-dandy camera down to ImgTec for a grin and gab. I'd like to see that myself. :D If Uttar could come over from Belgium for the day (is that an American being silly? London could be a day trip for a Belgian?) he'd probably die happy having toured ImgTec. Tho they'd have to search him on the way out. I wouldn't trust him not to pick up a sample if one was laying about! ;)

Excellent! I'd come with Rys.. :D

Please a gallery report please. :cool: :oops:

I know that there are a large number of employees from both companies that read this site and forum regularly. Most don't post since lots of threads are of a speculative nature about stuff they have direct (NDA'd) access to, but you can be sure anything interesting gets passed around. Other post as just a regular Joe and avoid anything they directly know about. It's very few that have the confidence and seniority (so their boss / legal doesn't kick their ass :rolleyes: ) to post and admit who they work for.

I know that there are a large number of employees from both companies that read this site and forum regularly. Most don't post since lots of threads are of a speculative nature about stuff they have direct (NDA'd) access to, but you can be sure anything interesting gets passed around. Other post as just a regular Joe and avoid anything they directly know about. It's very few that have the confidence and seniority (so their boss / legal doesn't kick their ass :rolleyes: ) to post and admit who they work for.

I know but I understand them... sometimes a simple post could be taken as a confession of something under NDA and I should not risk my job at one of these wonderful companies only for a post. ;)

I am just waiting for the "Oh No, not another Belgian"-comments to flow in from co-workers... :rolleyes:
Actually if he brings some Belgian chocolates I am sure that Simon himself would organise the tour :LOL:

K-

p.s. I am still waiting for an IMGTEC message icon to show up on this board...

I am just waiting for the "Oh No, not another Belgian"-comments to flow in from co-workers... :rolleyes:
Actually if he brings some Belgian chocolates I am sure that Simon himself would organise the tour :LOL:

K-

p.s. I am still waiting for an IMGTEC message icon to show up on this board...

What about Belgian beer?!

If Uttar could come over from Belgium for the day (is that an American being silly? London could be a day trip for a Belgian?) he'd probably die happy having toured ImgTec.
Oh no, not another Belgian!

Back