Wish me luck - Job@nVidia

Humus

Crazy coder
Veteran
I suppose at least some of you know that I got contacted by nVidia about a month or so ago asking me if I was interested in a job. So, we've been talking about me doing at least my "examination work" (still don't know how I really should translate this swedish counterpart of a master thesis) over there this fall, and possibly continue working there after my education is done (at the end of the year if everything goes well).
I've been through three telephone interviews now, and now they are calling me in for a real interview over there. So, I'll be going to the US on friday, be interviewed on tuesday and return back again on wedneyday (nVidia pays it all, flight, hotel, rental car :)).
This feels kinda big for me :), not only for the job, but also because I've never been any farther than to finland, which isn't too far from sweden where I live.
Anyway, wish me luck for the interview. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to prepare for it, except reading through the whole OpenGL spec and repeating my linear algebra?

Good luck, as far as advice hmm, none really. Just threaten to make more demos for ATi . ;) Again, best of luck.

Sabastian

good luck!

...and for the tip --> make sure your demos running properly with geforces ;)

Humus said:
Anyone have any good suggestions on how to prepare for it, except reading through the whole OpenGL spec and repeating my linear algebra?
Make sure you know how to pronounce Jen-Hsun Huang's name! ;)

When they ask you, "Is there anything else you would like us to know that might help make the decision easier for us?"

...Respond with, "OK...If you hire me, I will yank out all the Pixel Shader 1.4 calls from my demos..."

:0

Good luck humus, thats really awesome that they contacted you.

Just curious, what level of education are you talking about finishing up?

jack

I'm sure it's a big thrill for you and for that I'm happy for you.

Oh, and make sure you get to go to that underground lab and tell us all about it.

Great work. My guess is that you already have the job, they just want to see you in person and check on your communication skills. Really though, this is just more stress for me, because now we will have another person in the know who can't share!

Well done!

Do you realise what this means?

Six figure pay packet, US$$$ too!

Well done indeed! Prick. :D

Back