Wipeout Pure: Gamma Pack 2 Now Available

Wouldn't be surprising. I imagine Sony will try to counteract the hacking community through desired updates. Not that it won't get RE-hacked, but it will make it harder or just plain "more annoying" to do. ;)

After messing with the download I got from psphacker and not being sure what to copy to my MemStick, I went ahead and just downloaded the files though the Wipeout Pure downloads menu.

It worked fine; downloaded in a minute or two via my wifi cable network.

Got a new track and a new ship. Both cool.

The track's a pretty one. Race takes place at night. Buildings line the track, while skyscrapers and moving spotlights reach up into the night. There are some cool tunnels, and the track seems to have longer straightaways which aren't really straight, but kind of let you wind your way though (mmm, I like). The long draw distance becomes readily apparent.

Anyway, easy as pie.

P.S. I also downloaded the 1.51 firmware update, and after all this... I can still connect to the Web via the browser hack. I'm on cnn.com right now. :)

Kolgar said:
P.S. I also downloaded the 1.51 firmware update, and after all this... I can still connect to the Web via the browser hack. I'm on cnn.com right now. :)
sweet thanks for the heads up will update it

Nice, first free cool content. Let's hope this kind of stuff continues.

The second Gamma pack has finally become available in the U.S. It contains two very pretty tracks and a couple of new skins.

Feel the Wipeout love. :)

Back