Windows XP activation

Lo chaps, I usually lurk in the 3D forums but I got me a bloody irritating problem right here..

I recently recovered from a virus (a bloody nasty one) and had to do a repair install of windows. That worked fine and I thought I might as well upgrade to SP1 and all the security updates while I was at it.

Windows now operates perfectly fine, except for one nagging thing, every time I boot up I have to re-activate windows - it is successful every time but I still have to do it, every time.

Any ideas?

I previously (before the install) had an activation crack installed because once apon a time my pc crapped out and I couldn't activate windows because I couldn't connect to the net, also I couldn't get into windows to setup my network card. Anyway, I gave it a valid product key when I did the repair install the other day and I just dont understand why it gets me to activate every time I boot up...

Any ideas...

Im thinking of that crack again

Dave

Can't you e-mail MS for support?

Anyways, never heard of this problem, i'm guessing this is the home version not the pro?

I would crack it if you can't get support.

No its Pro, build 2600 nicked the CD from a PC being binned at the last place I worked along with the product key(s) (ok I have many) I thought waste not want not yanno? ;)

Nice flick. You know, I've never had activation issue with Pro. Actually, I don't remember activating anything beyond simply entering the product registration key. I could be mistaken, but that's about it.

Saem said:
Nice flick. You know, I've never had activation issue with Pro. Actually, I don't remember activating anything beyond simply entering the product registration key. I could be mistaken, but that's about it.

Pro and Home need activation, Corporate Pro doesn't.

Would you all mind NOT using the B3D forums to discuss how to illegally crack a piece of software...

Back