"Windows Live" is coming...

seismologist said:
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051121/xbox_360.html?.v=3

"Xbox 360 is at the center of a strategy that will also eventually tie in elements of Microsoft's new online initiative, called Windows Live, says company Chairman Bill Gates.
"
I dont like where this is heading...

Here we go...

"Analyst Rob Enderle said the move to more closely link Xbox Live with Windows Live intends to bolster loyalty to Microsoft products. Microsoft "can tie that stuff together so that you as a customer become wedded to the Microsoft platform for everything you do," he said."

"Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes,
Swaying to the Symphony...
Of Destruction"

Megadeth

seismologist said:
I dont like where this is heading...

Ditto, the Xbox, will eventually converge to a typical, generic Microsoft bloatware product. this has to be a joke...

It looks like MS is losing focus for its game machine.

As long as there's healthy competition we win, that's why everyone should really hope that all 3 companies succeed, so us gamers can reap the bounty that is hardware wars!

Windows Live (ideas.live.com) seems to have nothing to do with xbox Live, other than the name. It's a package of web services for Windows.

I wouldn't be suprised if in the future there was some sort of integration (like the xbox live tab in MSN Messenger) though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look like a part of the attempt for a pust towards software licencing. That will surely be the end of MSFT as we know today and will signal the time when the software costs + lack of opportunity to pirate windows/office suit will make Linux the OS winner and Open Office the productivity suite winner.

Not really sure how this is a push towards software licensing. It seems like its all free and paid for by advertising revenue. A google-liike approach, if anything.

Seems like a pretty good idea to me. Why not give Xbox 360 users an interface to all these Live services?

Back