Windows 7

https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-32/enus/default.aspx (32bit)
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-64/enus/default.aspx (64bit)
These 2 will 99% surely direct you to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ - but if you're lucky enough, you actually can get a key via the links instead of being redirected according to report from quite trustworthy source

Bah, I don't have time to get lucky :devilish: ;) (That means it is a pin not that I have any idea how to get a key)

Actually those two links won't redirect you as long as you signed in with your Live account and had it authorized at some point during all the chaos.

Those are the links I've been refreshing since 3pm today and just get the continuous "try again tomorrow" responses but there are some people getting their keys now.

logged in with live account where? I've never seen a "try again tomorrow." I just get redirected to that windows site.

go to the original technet link and you can sign in there

Good plan. 94%. Will install tonight.

Edit: Crap, just realized that won't work for me. I'm downloading the 64bit iso, but my current os is 32bit.
Doesn't work anyway, even on a x64 OS.

Result.... got a beta key, clicked on download then got redirected to the windows 7 home page :LOL:

Still I've got what I wanted, woo-hoo

Last edited by a moderator:
go to the original technet link and you can sign in there

Doesn't work anyway, even on a x64 OS.

Result.... got a beta key, clicked on download then got redirected to the windows 7 home page :LOL:

Still I've got what I wanted, woo-hoo

So you got the key by continuously clicking the technet link or what? I have the iso but no idea where I'm supposed to get the key.

Edit: I get this at the technet link now " Thanks for your interest in the Windows 7 Beta. The volume has been phenomenal -- we’re in the process of adding more servers to handle the demand. We’re sorry for the delay and we’ll re-post the Beta as soon as we can ensure a quality download experience."

The technet link was the place earlier today you were to go to choose which language and version (x86 or 64bit) you wanted to download. From there you had to sign in to Windows Live, after signing in you were emailed a verification link, from the link you were sent to either of the 2 links above for the x86 or 64bit versions.

The links above have been what we've been refreshing all damn day, and my wife just came along and plopped in her computer chair, refreshed her page and got her Beta Key.

BTW the 2 direct links for the beta key will only work if you did all the above AND are still logged into live.
If those links redirect you to the main Windows 7 page you are pretty much SoL until the technet site is back working.

EDIT: Just got my key!!

The technet link was the place earlier today you were to go to choose which language and version (x86 or 64bit) you wanted to download. From there you had to sign in to Windows Live, after signing in you were emailed a verification link, from the link you were sent to either of the 2 links above for the x86 or 64bit versions.

The links above have been what we've been refreshing all damn day, and my wife just came along and plopped in her computer chair, refreshed her page and got her Beta Key.

And im still sitting here unable to get mine.. WTF..

Yeah, this is screwed up. I was checking those all day. All I got at the technet was "Coming soon" and now it says the message I posted in my previous post. I got my iso ...

Like, if I don't get a key that's fine, but it's kind of annoying to keep checking and not really be sure if you're' even looking in the right place.

So you got the key by continuously clicking the technet link or what? I have the iso but no idea where I'm supposed to get the key.

Edit: I get this at the technet link now " Thanks for your interest in the Windows 7 Beta. The volume has been phenomenal -- we’re in the process of adding more servers to handle the demand. We’re sorry for the delay and we’ll re-post the Beta as soon as we can ensure a quality download experience."
That eventually stopped working so what I did was clicked home to go to the main Microsoft site then sign in using my hotmail account, then clicked on the productkey link for the x64 Kaotik posted and it loaded up the "try next business day" page, a couple of refreshes later it came up with the key, but earlier in the day I managed to get this far and already verified my account. If you didn't manage that it might not work, I don't know.

That eventually stopped working so what I did was clicked home to go to the main Microsoft site then sign in using my hotmail account, then clicked on the betakey link for the x64 Kaotik posted and it loaded up the "try next business day" page, a couple of refreshes later it came up with the key, but earlier in the day I managed to get this far and already verified my account. If you didn't manage that it might not work, I don't know.

Must be. I'd been clicking that link all day, but I had never tried loggin in and had never been verified. I just got a continual "Doesn't exist" until it finally said, "Coming soon," and then it suddenly said, "Thanks for your interest in the Windows 7 Beta. The volume has been phenomenal -- we’re in the process of adding more servers to handle the demand. We’re sorry for the delay and we’ll re-post the Beta as soon as we can ensure a quality download experience."

Now that I've logged in, it doesn't make any difference.

MS should have given MSDN/TechNet subscribers a longer lead-time before public availability. I'm downloading the last 500mb at ~45Kb/sec because a 13 year old wants to BEATA-TEST WINDOZE SEFEN FTW!!!!!!111!!(one)!1!11 . :rolleyes:

MS should have given MSDN/TechNet subscribers a longer lead-time before public availability. I'm downloading the last 500mb at ~45Kb/sec because a 13 year old wants to BEATA-TEST WINDOZE SEFEN FTW!!!!!!111!!(one)!1!11 . :rolleyes:

Was two days not enough?

LAS VEGAS — Jan. 7, 2009
The beta version of Windows 7, Microsoft’s next-generation PC operating system, can be downloaded today by MSDN, TechBeta and TechNet customers.
Consumers who want to test-drive the beta will be able to download it beginning Jan. 9

Was two days not enough?

Usually people with MSDN/TechNet subscriptions have better things to do than spam F5 until the beta is up. During Vista Beta 2 we had two weeks and Beta 1 wasn't even publically available. But hey, whoever decided 2 days was enough time sure must be happy the server infrastructure held up. :neutral:

I've done the refresh thing about 50 times in IE and Firefox... nothing. I think I might just give up for a couple hours and check in later. If not, screw it, I'll just jack the trial command thing.

I've done the refresh thing about 50 times in IE and Firefox... nothing. I think I might just give up for a couple hours and check in later. If not, screw it, I'll just jack the trial command thing.

you have signed up and gone through the guides links, and then changing to win7-64 one instead on the url, right?
I got it from the first try on that

well, if you got firefox (i downloaded ff portable just for this, though in the end i didn't need it) you can get check4change named add-on for it, paint the "error" word and let it refresh it for you during intervals you decide yourself until the "error" text changes (aka, isn't there anymore) and just leave it running on itself there, it will stop refreshing once the page changes, leaving you with your key

This is so absurd. People are going to great lengths to get these keys. I've been casually checking the links between doing other things.

Doing this weird stuff spamming links to try and get keys is probably causing huge headaches for everyone.

I just did the Check4change thing and it's been going for 30 minutes now, still nothing. At this point... don't really care. I'll probably just do the 120 day trial extension.

Back