Windows 7

I'm so happy I snagged it from MSDN on Wednesday despite not having time to try it out til the weekend. :p

Hope they relent and decide to allow the beta to be downloaded for a full 24 hours rather than the 2.5 million limit.

Lots of people are going to be pissed having messed about this much for naught especially when some johnny come lately will just log in on the off chance in 5 hours and just get it like nothing has gone wrong while I'm tucked up in bed

We'll see if it works, I'd be honest shocked if this beta isn't tweaked to bypass the 30 day limit.

Well it does work I guess, but don't we have to get keys or some other such tom foolery to get this to work for more than 30 days?

edit: I see you added something, well that means it won't work then except for 3 months. I would have to get out into the summer for it to be worthwhile as I will be building a new system then anyway (August time frame).

Chances are that in three months we'll probably have a RC build to check out. I'm still going to wait and try to get a legitimate key.

waiting for a legit key too, just not as worried as i get 30 days right now. Just want to see what all the fuss is all about, Im happy with my vista system.

@9% very very fast 825K/sec from microsoft. Must be cached at my ISP.

Not sure how to get a key. Would suck if I got the iso but no key.

I only have one pc so it would be a big hassle just to try for one month.

51%

download Virtual PC from MS, it's free.

Thats what I plan to do anyway, if it's as good as they claim I'll install it for real and use it until it runs.

Vista drivers are supposed to work I think. Only thing on my PC that isn't new at any rate is my 3c2000-t network card but the Marvell drivers work fine and are constantly updated so hopefully I won't run into any problems.

download Virtual PC from MS, it's free.

Thats what I plan to do anyway, if it's as good as they claim I'll install it for real and use it until it runs.

Vista drivers are supposed to work I think. Only thing on my PC that isn't new at any rate is my 3c2000-t network card but the Marvell drivers work fine and are constantly updated so hopefully I won't run into any problems.

Good plan. 94%. Will install tonight.

Edit: Crap, just realized that won't work for me. I'm downloading the 64bit iso, but my current os is 32bit.

Actually those two links won't redirect you as long as you signed in with your Live account and had it authorized at some point during all the chaos.

Those are the links I've been refreshing since 3pm today and just get the continuous "try again tomorrow" responses but there are some people getting their keys now.

Back