Windows 10 KB4482887 update can degrade graphics

Davros

Legend
Thought this would be relevant to B3D readers.
On March 1st, Microsoft released a brand new update for Windows 10 that brought a number of quality improvements. However, and after various reports, Microsoft has confirmed that this latest update can degrade graphics and mouse performance in certain games (like for example Destiny 2). Microsoft claimed that it’s currently working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. Still, and as a workaround, PC gamers can uninstall KB4482887 to regain performance. Microsoft has not explained/detailed the reasons behind this performance degradation. Moreover, this issue may not affect everyone therefore I strongly suggest uninstalling this update only if you are experiencing worse performance in your favourite games after applying it.

Maybe the changes about the spectre/meltdown mitigation having a negative effect on some tasks... ?

Yeah, it's a little better on my machine but not completely fixed here either, unfortunately.

After a bit of uptime anytime there is disk access (SSD or HDD), the mouse gets very laggy.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, it's a little better on my machine but not completely fixed here either, unfortunately.

After a bit of uptime anytime there is disk access (SSD or HDD), the mouse gets very laggy.

Regards,
SB
which GPU does your system have?

which GPU does your system have?

A GTX 1070. It could be the GPU as well. This has happened before with some of NVs drivers for the card. Works beautifully for the first few hours. After a day or so of uptime, things can start to get a bit wonky in various ways depending on the driver used.

When I get time I'll have to install the latest driver and see if it helps.

Regards,
SB

Back