"Winamp 5 is out"

I'm only using winamp 2.xxx because I wrote a plugin for it that lets me pause in any application, and I'm too lazy to rewrite it for Fubar.

That and I think fubar had some irritating aspects about it...I can't remember what it was, but it annoyed me for some reason.

I just prefer the interface of Winamp myself, that and it has a smaller footprint than Foobar, memory wise. If I knew what half the options in Foobar did, and was a real audiophile, I don't think I'd stick with Winamp.

Winamp 5 runs fine, don't take too much RAM, and support WinAmp 2.x skins.
I like it, I never used the (starting winamp to check name), DSP and Visualization plugins...

WA5 is pretty good, IMO. It eats a bit too much CPU while playing WMA 9 tunes, sometimes upwards of 50% on my P4@1.7GHz box, but sometimes it's less than 10%. Seems like a bug to me.

Other than that, I don't have anything to complain about. The media library is abhorrant, but I'm not forced to use it, and I can control the player with my keyboard's media keys. Very convenient.

RussSchultz said:
I'm only using winamp 2.xxx because I wrote a plugin for it that lets me pause in any application, and I'm too lazy to rewrite it for Fubar.

WA5 has a feature called Global Hot Keys (finally ) ... never had to touch that mouse again...

So I just bought Winamp Pro, so I could do high quality ripping and burn my playlists. Only problem, as far as Ic an tell anyways, is that it won't let you burn data cd's. This is extremely gay because I have an mp3 playing cd player in my car and I was going to load the songs up on my mp3 server at work. I quasi take back that it doesn't burn cd's but it at the least appears to be held back by song length i.e. only 80min. worth.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Back