Win7 out now - when will we get DX11 for Vista?

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
It was said that a DX11 update would be released for Vista, and I never heard anything about that being retracted. I assume it could have been, MS being MS and all, but that should have created waves on the sites I visit and like I said, I've seen nothing...

So does anyone know the timetable here? Now that Win7 is out, it should not be very far off, right? :)

Install the beta platform update for Vista and the DirectX runtime from August and there ya go

Don't want beta junk. :) I was thinking of when they will release it onto windows update or the like...

Well Microsoft still calls it a beta platform update, but yeah it is on Windows Update, it just stays hidden until you run that script to set a certain registry key.

Beta or not, dxdiag reports itself as DirectX11 and I've managed to run apps with compute shaders 4.0 on my DX10 hardware.

Ok, just to clarify then due to all the non-beta beta terminology confusion going on here now... I was wondering when it'd see wide-scale general release, without jumping through hoops, installing hidden stuff or running scripts.

But I suppose it doesn't really matter anymore, so thanks for the replies so far guys. A moderator can lock the thread now, thanks.

Back