Will R420 Support 3D Glasses ?!

gunblade said:
FUDie said:
Chalnoth said:
tazdevl said:
Not sure why ATI would waste resources building support for a feature that is literally used by an extreme minority of the already small enthusiast segment.
They're used for things other than games.

Anyway, this is one of my longstanding gripes with ATI. If you want to do anything a bit out of the ordinary, it typically doesn't work very well (for me, that means Linux).
ATI doesn't support 3D glasses, heaven forbid! ATI never let's me have any fun. Can you be any more melodramatic?

Good grief, grow up already.

:rolleyes: Well, I know it is a challenge to your manhood that your beloved company get criticized.
And I know Ati is doing pretty danm well right now. however, wouldn't it be better to take in suggestion on where they can improve upon to get even better?
3d stereo glass is a niche but it is useful in many level of rendering.
I'd rather they crushed NVIDIA into nothingness then worry about something as unimportant as 3D glasses support.

But in any event, my point was that I doubt Chalnoth has 3D glasses and wouldn't buy them even if ATI supported them, so it's really asinine for him to say things like he did.

-FUDie

Apparently you misread what I stated. One major gripe with ATI's drivers that I have is the Linux support, which just isn't very good. I think that the failure to support 3D glasses falls into the same category (i.e. not supporting a more niche market). I have no personal feelings about ATI not supporting 3D glasses, I just find it similar to their lack of good support for Linux.

Back