Will people start complaining about Nintendo now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuna

Veteran
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200612/076.asp

Nintendo will be keeping a keen eye on importers after Easter. Previous Game Boy Advance editions have been too popular with some ardent fans for Nintendo's liking, resulting in the company threatening local importers if they continued to sell it.

"We in no way condone the importing of games into territories other than where they are supposed to be sold," Nintendo's Robert Saunders told Kikizo.

I do not want to sound like a young Sony fan-man, but I wonder why Nintendo get away with behavior like this (in the eyes of the gaming community represented by news sites and forums) while Sony clearly do not (like the reaction by the suit on Lik-sang). Any ideas why?

does nintendo even own the pokemon copyright for both territories (i know they make games for the franchise)? if not, then theres your answer, if so, thats crap

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my guerss it'll be hard if not impossible for nintendo to actually enforce any kind of restrictions on parallel imports of GBAs since that machine has no regional lockout mechanism.

Besides nntendo hasn't resorted to lawsuits (yet) to my knowledge at least.. Personally I don't really care either way. I wouldn't buy an imported machine it's simply rtoo much hassle if it was to break etc.

Peace.

i remember Nintendo persuading lots of import shops in paris region. Sony is not alone in this import thing

It's my guerss it'll be hard if not impossible for nintendo to actually enforce any kind of restrictions on parallel imports of GBAs since that machine has no regional lockout mechanism.
technical aspect is not the only way. They can put lot of pressure on retailers, who sell imported items, too. Specially now that Wii is doing very well they have more power ;)

Sure if/when Nintendo starts sueing companies and trying to force them to shut down but until then probably not.

This thread seems to be more about hurt pride & feelings rather than a topic. Thus locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back