WiiWare is live!

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by vazel, May 12, 2008.

1. vazel

Regular

Bought LostWinds. Taking a break right now(my hand aches! I've got to stop waggling the Wiimote so hard, simple gestures work just as well).

2. inefficient

Veteran

Might have to actually plug my Wii in again to see what the fuss is about.

3. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

What's the pricing like?

4. vazel

Regular

They vary from $5-15. Here's a Nintendo press release with the launch games and their prices.

5. chroniceyestrain

Newcomer

Are there demos?

6. vazel

Regular

No demos.

Well I finished LostWinds. It was a good game, I felt like I got my value's worth. The developers were spot on when they said it would take about three hours to beat. I feared it would feel like a budget game. It feels just like any well produced game, although only the first chunk of one. This is LostWinds Episode 1 since the game ended in a 'to be continued' without beating the bad guy. The game doesn't feel generic, it has its own feel with the designs of the characters and village and the music is good too. At 33MB you get some real nice models in the game. Although at the price of variety. The game consists of one village and several caves although its fine for three hours of game.

The gameplay is one of the best uses of the Wii's unique controls that I've seen. The Wiimote controls the wind and the nunchuck for moving Toku. Although at the amount of Wiimote pointer gesturing you'll be doing be sure to take a break every hour, your hand will thank you. ;) You won't be doing the same basic things over and over throughout the game. Things will be spiced up throughout the game. Enemies are basic, if you die you'll probably only die from falling. It's mostly about overcoming obstacles and puzzles. Then at the end you get a boss fight.

#6 vazel, May 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  7. vazel

Regular

The obvious sequel has been confirmed.

http://www.frontier.co.uk/games/lostwinds/