wii sensor bar upgrades ?

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
hey guys , we moved my wii into the living room and now the controllers start to crap out as we move further from the tv (its a 60 something inch sharp) . Are there better sensor bars that have a long range ?

It is. Try recharging your Wiimotes, put less/more stuff in your room disrupting IR signals (more is good for regular TV remotes but in this case I guess less will work better).

My remotes are on fresh batterys and the room is really clean and has almost no clutter.

If I pass aobut 10 feet from the sensor bar the signal just starts breakin up.

Mabye the sensor bar is no good

If I pass aobut 10 feet from the sensor bar the signal just starts breakin up.

Maybe the sensor bar is no good
When I tried Wii, 10 foot, not even that, was when they started to lose functionality. What's the furthest from the screen ('sensor' bar) anyone's successfully using Wiimote?

I don't think an upgraded sensor bar will work as the limiting factor will likely be camera resolution. The IR hotspots are clear enough. Perhaps extending the bar length will work? then again Nintendo may be using the known hotspot distance in their triangulations, and separating them further may affect accuracy.

Bigger or brighter IR sources may help. Depending on the room the signal to noise ratio may be too low by the time you're 10 feet out.

That can be readily checked by the calibration. I recall a black screen with two clear light-sources, no visible noise, so I can't see noise being an issue - we're talking a huge intensity difference between a deliberate IR source and background rays. The problem would more likely come from reflective surfaces actually catching rays.

Back