Wii Manufacturing Begun?

I'd expect them to start a marketing campaign by now if it indeed launches in 2-3 months. We dont even know the offcial price of the thing, let alone all of it's features. They really only barely touched on their online platform, I'd like to know more. I could see them making final retail units, but a september launch sounds iffy, maybe october. Sony should soon be getting on the ball for manufacturing also.

I doubt that they already started manufacturing on June 21st, as Nintendo since wanted the final development kits ready by end of June. So manufacturing Wii just after releasing the final development kits seems kind of unrealistic, if you ask me. Moreover, if you look at Nintendo projected sales numbers (they stated they'd sell as much Wii as Sony Playstation until the end of the fiscal year, IIRC) kind of speaks against lauching in September. IMO, a mid - late October launch is more likely.

hupfinsgack said:
I doubt that they already started manufacturing on June 21st, as Nintendo since wanted the final development kits ready by end of June.

Maybe the manufacturing they are talking about is actually the dev kits, not retail units.

Back