Wii first-party games for $49.99?

So the same as Microsoft, however, maybe they will not have a lowest price mandate like MS, so maybe some of the simpler games, will be in the $20-$30 range. MS has their lowest price mandate set at $39.99.

I'm sure I would not buy Wii Sports for $50. Mario and Zelda, yes.

Is it the same as MS? The report says it's $10 cheaper than XB360 first-party titles. That'll be RRP and you'll be able to find cheaper at some outlets.

There's also the question of whether Nintendo prices will drop, as Iwata (IIRC) said prices should stay constant throughout a titles life. If they take this path there won't be any budget Platinum/Greatest Hits type sellers, so the minimum price for Nintendo games isn't yet known. I imagine they'll be forced to go with budget rereleases if everyone else does, no matter how much they may dislike the idea.

NucNavST3 said:
I'm sure I would not buy Wii Sports for $50. Mario and Zelda, yes.

I am pretty sure that Nintendo won't sell the "easy access" / simple games at $50. If the DS pricing is an precedence, such games will be sold for a reduced price just like Brain Training, etc.

Personally I am thinking if this isnt too high even for usal gamers, I mean, it looks like companys are investing heavy on Wii games, ie IIRC for launch window, Nintendo do have 7 or more games, EA does have 6 or more, Ubisoft does have 7, Activision a few more and many more companys have plans for launch games, many of them high profile games, that maybe ok for a console with 100M user base but there will not even be 6M Wii´s till March.

It seems a very small market for so many games at that price but at reduced price it may no be.

What do you think?

BTW I fund anouther quote.

A spokesperson for Nintendo UK has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that the price of software for the next-gen Wii console will be "broadly in line" with the cost of current-gen games.

Isn't time for current/last gen games starting to have reduced prices :???: (I think that had happen with PSOne games more or less at this time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back