Wii Cry: Vengeance

There is a videon on gametrailers too.

The water seems better than the XB version, environments seems equal, cant really tel about the caracthers, anyway for a rushed port (from a engine optimized for XB) seems like they did a good job, a from grund up engine for Wii should make a great job IMO.

I think animations like this will be better for single-player fps but horrible for mutliplayer.

There will be no online, but there will be splint screen?

I mean using hand movements for throwing grenades, controlling vehicles, etc. will be bad in multiplayer but add a little challenge in single player.

Look at the bright side, gamers will be fit... chicks will run into their well-toned arms (if they get past the beer gut)... ;)

Looks kinda neat, I think it'll take some time to get used to though. But it'll certainly be something for multiplayer splitscreen at parties. :LOL: I now have an excuse to attack the person beside me

I mean using hand movements for throwing grenades, controlling vehicles, etc. will be bad in multiplayer but add a little challenge in single player.

I disagree. There will be a learning curve but the change will not prevent people from getting good. If done right it'll be right on level with older controlls and the aim will be a great improvement of previous console issues.

I disagree. There will be a learning curve but the change will not prevent people from getting good. If done right it'll be right on level with older controlls and the aim will be a great improvement of previous console issues.
I think this is a launch game so playing online against somebody (who's obviously a little used to the controls) won't be possible so for multiplayer you can only play against your friends who may not have this game and the controls can take a while to get.

I'm going to wait until this hits bargain bin and pick it up for singleplayer if it's as good as FC:I.

Looks like a rushed title to me, like most ubisoft titels for the wii. I dont understand why it looks so bad, Red Steel looks pretty good, why dont use the same engine?

I dont understand why it looks so bad, Red Steel looks pretty good, why dont use the same engine?

I do not understand why you think it looks so bad? From watching the trailer I felt the graphics were more then adequate while the use the Wii remotes looked to make the game more interactive.

Looks like a rushed title to me, like most ubisoft titels for the wii. I dont understand why it looks so bad, Red Steel looks pretty good, why dont use the same engine?

Probably the engine cant handle such a game, if you think a bit how many UE2/X did that kind of environments.

Looks pretty good for a Wii title. :oops:

I dunno. The video looks too saturate. Need to see it firsthand to judge.

Nice to see Ubi has been hard at work getting this out for Wii. But personally, I would look at Splinter Cell more, since the whole lock-picking mechanism is perfect for the remote (not to mention it looks pretty good as it is, and this is coming from a port of the PS2 version).

Timesplitters 2 for the GCN had Detail Textures. They're something that we've had in the PC realm for at least 8 years.

Xbox launch titles had Detail Textures.

If the Wii version of Far Cry doesn't have some level of Detail Textures, I would be disappointed. It likely won't.

I do not understand why you think it looks so bad? From watching the trailer I felt the graphics were more then adequate while the use the Wii remotes looked to make the game more interactive.

Because alot of models are just made of a few boxes with very ugly textures on them. Even I could model alot of stuff in that game with my not so great 3dsmax skills. Just look at the arm for example. It looks like some stretched out low quality texture, you cant tell me Wii cant even handle some decent textures.

Sure the wiimote will make the game play alot better hopefully. But a game like far cry needs the gfx alot more than other games. And this just doesnt look very good.

far-cry-vengeance-20060921083023049.jpg

Jacky, low poly and low quality textures.

Back