Wierd keyboard problem

Moloch

God of Wicked Games
Veteran
I got a new usb microsoft keyboard a few weeks ago and about a week ago I cleaned out my pc and connected my front usb ports for my case. ever sinec then my keyboard won't function in windows. It works fine in bios but as soon as windows boots up it wont work, it locks up and unplugging it and plugging it back on doesnt do anything. I thought maybe my vist install was buggered so I booted into my xp install and same thing.
This was somewhat progressive too, at work I would be able to log into windows and a short time after it would lockup, now I cant even log into windows.
The keyboard has been tried in a mac (hehe) and it works fine.
Any ideas?
My usb mouse works fine before someone asks if my usb is borked.
btw in device manager it says error code 10- device cannot start if that helps.

try this remove keyboard in device manager
reboot then in the bios change legacy support for usb devices

well I got it working in xp by going to bios defaults and got it even workin with my tweaked bios but still no go in vista.
i believe my vista install is buggered. I changed my hdd config (swapped which drives go on which sata port) and now everytime I boot it asks for drivers for my hdds, though they appear to be working find, in device manager they show up as needing drivers...
ya im gonna reinstall vista, lame...

Try a repair operation first maybe?

Dunno if there'sa snowball's chance in hell of that actually fixing anything (or without screewing things up even worse) but if it DOES work it's sure a lot less work than an OS reinstall together with all your games and apps and stuff.

Peace.

Back