Why there's no news covering the ongoing intermittent DNS error these last few days?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
It happens all around the world, albeit only intermittent. I cannot find any news about it. Im curious what was the cause. As just a short while ago, there were also BGP routing issue due to russian ISP misconfiguration.

search on twitter or reddit, and you will find people posting DNS errors on google anaylitics, cannot resolve errors using command lines and web browsers, web admin showing very low DNS propagation spread, etc that spikes in the last few days (seems the start was 3 or 4 days ago).

btw forum.beyond3d.com is 88.99.46.7
place that on host file or your local DNS cache or some such, to stay able to access B3D even when you got hit with the DNS error

Hmmm that explains some weird behavior I was seeing doing some dig lookups yesterday.

What DNS errors? I didn't encounter any at all. I guess my caching DNS server used on my internal router was doing its job exceptionally well.

Yes, it basically makes you immune from the issue.

Still a headache for some server Admins due to the sudden spike of DNS errors and nothing they do can fix it. Or at least from the searches I've done, noone found the fix yet.

Some of domains that I handles were affected. It was kinda hard to explain to the boss that I can do nothing. Just need to wait and it'll fix by itself.

In the end I say something like "okay boss, I'll do something, and let you know when the domains are reachable again". And I did do something (um... Watched severance), and voila! The domains works again and notify the boss that the domains are reachable again.

Back