Why did Ubisoft ditch the "Free Form Fighting" combat after PoP: Warrior Within?

Clukos

Bloodborne 2 when?
Veteran
Supporter
I finished playing Syndicate recently and while i pretty much enjoyed most of the game i found the gameplay a bit clunky, inconsistent and inconvenient. Of course, AC being an iteration on PoP I'm left confused as to why the gameplay has changed so many times after Warrior Within, which had one of the best, if not the best, sword combat gameplay systems of its time. In case you forgot:

The combat in Warrior Within was more fluid, challenging and fun than any of the last few Assassin's Creed games put together. I'd love to see a continuation/iteration of the FFF gameplay in the next AC games. I'd also not mind a complete remaster of Warrior Within as i consider it to be one of the best action games ever released :yep2:

Last edited:
I agree. Sands of Time was great and Warrior Within improved the combat. Assassin's Creed was a fun exploration game and I was even intrigued by the story, but the combat wasn't much fun.

Warrior Within was a rather difficult game. The AC series obviously isn't meant to pose any sort of threat to the player, hence the toddler approved combat system.

Back