Who to contact about CGI, Rendering workstations etc...

Sub-Divide

Newcomer
Hi guys,

Good to be hear :) I've managed to stay well below the radar as a 'lurker' in the Beyond 3D forums but finally the time has come for me to step forth and ask a couple of questions :)

I'm currently freelancing as an IT journalist in Australia, and I'm looking to write a 'feature article' on the "big boys of 3D".

Forget your 6600GTs, X850XTs or even that crusty Ti4200 in the back cupboard.

I'm talking the stuff (see: Hardware & Software) that production houses use to render 3D special effects, high poly models, CGI and other production level content.

I'm having some difficulty tracking down people who are versed in the industry and willing to share a chat / information with me about the following topics,

1) The hardware used, strengths, differences in architecture etc
2) The software that interacts with hardware
3) What goes into production level 3D? What seperates it from the still relatively low res, low poly world of gaming that the current crop of mainstream GPUs are used for.

So people, here's your chance to point me in the right direction, or if you know of a company / individual who might spare a few minutes of their time for a Q&A session (plus get a free product plug in an Australia wide IT magazine) please contact me either here, or at t15bs15@colesmyer.com.au

Back