who said that RE4 can't look better

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelbox

Regular
just take a look at the new pictures on ign or gamespot then compare. the ps2 version seems to be more clear than gamecubes version. and that bs about ps2 having less polygons...they're the same freakin counts.

pixelbox said:
just take a look at the new pictures on ign or gamespot then compare. the ps2 version seems to be more clear than gamecubes version. and that bs about ps2 having less polygons...they're the same freakin counts.

*cough*....Ahem...:LOL:

pixelbox said:
take a look at the screens shots again ;)

Why? Did I miss something the first time?

BTW I have RE4 for GC so I know how good it's supposed to look. Those new PS2 RE4 screens don't look as good. Textures, lighting, polys are all lower in quality. ;)

SGX-1 said:
Why? Did I miss something the first time?

BTW I have RE4 for GC so I know how good it's supposed to look. Those new PS2 RE4 screens don't look as good. Textures, lighting, polys are all lower in quality. ;)
then you are bias. if you cant tell the polys are the same then i dont know what to tell you. but its really shaping up, first batch of screen shots were horrible.

16-Aug-05, 06:25 #4
jvd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having spent hours playing the gc version i can say this is still not on par.

I have to agree with JVD. AS you guys know im pro SONY. ANd RE4 looks way better than even i expected, specially since it was ported. BUt the CUBE version looks a LIL bit better. Im on my 9th time, so trust me, I look at the darn thing ALOT

Well, RE4 for PS2 certainly doesn't look inferior on screenshots to me. Can anyone confirm there's true anamorphic widescreen for the PS2-version? If so, the PS2-version may actually look better on my widescreen-TV than zoomed letterbox WS as featured on the GC-version.

pixelbox said:
then you are bias. if you cant tell the polys are the same then i dont know what to tell you. but its really shaping up, first batch of screen shots were horrible.

resident-evil-4-20050812031451031.jpg

resident-evil-4-20050812031452234.jpg

resident-evil-4-20050812031453296.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is looking good, but there's a noticeable dip in texture detail, poly usage, & lighting. (esp. amongst the ganados) Also no one yet knows the framerate consistency either.

MasaC said:
Can anyone confirm there's true anamorphic widescreen for the PS2-version? If so, the PS2-version may actually look better on my widescreen-TV than zoomed letterbox WS as featured on the GC-version.

The most recent IGN preview confirms both anamorphic widescreen and progressive scan.

Li Mu Bai said:
It is looking good, but there's a noticeable dip in texture detail, poly usage, & lighting. (esp. amongst the ganados) Also no one yet knows the framerate consistency either.
there is no dip in poly detail. im not sure on textures. see...it just looks clearer

_leech_ said:
The most recent IGN preview confirms both anamorphic widescreen and progressive scan.

leech, the GC already had p-scan & I expected true anamorphic widescreen due to the PS2's fillrate advantage. But this doesn't overcome the noticeable visual differences between the two.

MasaC said:
Well, RE4 for PS2 certainly doesn't look inferior on screenshots to me. Can anyone confirm there's true anamorphic widescreen for the PS2-version? If so, the PS2-version may actually look better on my widescreen-TV than zoomed letterbox WS as featured on the GC-version.

thats what im saying. they look clearer to me. lighting may take a hit...not sure but everything i saw recently looks better on ps2

edit i campare the two giants side by side, both had the same poly detail

_leech_ said:

Wow! Just true anamorphic WS alone and no need to use zoomed letterbox WS is a sell for me. Especially if the graphics holds this standard aswell:

EDIT:

Pixelbox: That second pic in your quote is from the gamecube version.

pixelbox said:
there is no dip in poly detail. im not sure on textures. see...it just looks clearer

It probably looks more clear because of the screen captures. Being more clear has nothing to do with polygons/lighting.

SGX-1 said:
It probably looks more clear because of the screen captures. Being more clear has nothing to do with polygons/lighting.
i know that, and it cant be just better captures. look at the giants ropes around its neck. if there was a poly hit round things like ropes would be more blocky.instead they look the same.

pixelbox said:
i know that, and it cant be just better captures. look at the giants ropes around its neck. if there was a poly hit round things like ropes would be more blocky.instead they look the same.

And that's where you're missing the big picture. You're concentrating on just the characters and ignoring the environments. Maybe the polygons numbers are the same for El Gilgante, but it say nothing about the surroundings. Regardless look at the pictures below and notice how the ropes are not polygon looking like the PS2 version.

resident-evil-4-20040729030248015.jpg

resident-evil-4-20040729030301421.jpg

resident-evil-4-20040729030243421.jpg

SGX-1 said:
And that's where you're missing the big picture. You're concentrating on just the characters and ignoring the environments. Maybe the polygons numbers are the same for El Gilgante, but it say nothing about the surroundings.

resident-evil-4-20040729030248015.jpg
your talking about the trees arent you? well theres not enough pictures to tell if it received a cut. btw textures look the same its the lighting that looks diffrent. i guess time will tell but for now, ps2 looks better to me cause it's clearer.

ps2 looks better to me cause it's clearer

So basically now you've backpedaled to it being clearer which has NOTHING to do with polygons. The GC version has more polygons period. Just look at the ropes on El Gigante! It has better lighting and texturing too. The only advantage the PS2 version has is maybe higher resolution if it indeed is running at a higher resolution. Since it supports anamorphic WS then that's likely the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back