Who is who and wheres the contact info?

Trunks0

Newcomer
I've also noticed that Beyond3D doesn't have a PM system. Which is fine, but I've also noticed that B3D doesn't seem to list who the mod staff is anywhere and that not all of the forum sections listed mods have any contact info listed.

Kinda makes it hard to ask for help when you don't know who's in what position to help and can't contact the one person listed for the section you need help in.

I can't find the page listing the public-facing email, but the list of moderators is nestled in the FAQ (first section, last sentence). I see a "send a PM" link next to each name, but I'm not sure if everyone sees that. If you can't PM it's b/c you've got too few posts (FAQ, first sentence), which I imagine is half meant to prevent spam and half meant to encourage public discourse.

Speaking of which, feel free to use this very Site Feedback forum for your requests/complaints/suggestions/faint praise. If you'd like to make a private comment about a specific post or member, you can always use the report post button in every post to send a message which only the mods can see. In your case, since you can't PM, you can just report a random post (your own, even) and explain in the subsequent message box.

Or just wait to see if one of the higher-ups sees this thread and provides you with an email address, if you'd prefer that route.

Edit: Yup, editing your messages is also reserved for members with a certain number of posts, mainly to encourage more thoughtful contributions (not saying the system works all the time, hence the well-compensated mod staff). OCD mods like me may correct bad link or image tags if you can't.

Yup good ol nuby me realized maybe I should really read the FAQ after I made the post. And sure enough staff was listed right there :LOL:. Thanks for the heads up as to why I couldn't see any contact info.

Also waiting on a post to be authorized(yay links for triggering the spam filter).

You can use the PM system and edit your posts and whatnot if your post count gets high enough to trigger those features for you.

Note that General forum and its subfora don't increase your postcount.

Also waiting on a post to be authorized(yay links for triggering the spam filter).
Approved. There's probably a way for mods to be notified of such posts, but I usually just stumble across them in my regular browsing. Sorry about the wait.

User CP, left column : "Moderation", "Moderated Items" should list things awaiting moderation, that includes such posts.

To be fair, I'm almost positive Geo or someone told me about that, and I'm sure I used it back when I was way more active in booting spammers and helping spamtrapped posts find an audience.

But thanks, Roderic, for ruining my temporary bliss. ;P

Approved. There's probably a way for mods to be notified of such posts, but I usually just stumble across them in my regular browsing. Sorry about the wait.

Yeah sometimes legit posts get lost in the endless spam.

For the record though, the "About Us" section on the main page (*insert b3d front page joke here*) lists the email addresses and forum accounts of the site staff.

Back