Who can recommend a good hifi/video forum?

Definitly avforums. Just be very careful over there. They are apparently extremely anal about noobs. Any stupid questions asked & you get slapped.

Just extremely professional, with no General Forum/Politics/Religion. All A/V, all the time.

Without a doubt, avforums. A distant second IMO is www.hometheaterforum.com but it's been getting worse and worse recently, again IMO.

avforums isn't impatient to noobs, but rather to people who ask a question that is asked six times a week and has three relevant threads on the first page. Use the search function first... after that, people will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, stupid or not.

The problem I have with AVS forums is there's too much information, and they INSIST on putting every topic related to a particular projector into a single thread. Which ends up with 5000 posts, which make it frustrating to find any information at all.

For these 'uber' threads, they should instead make a sub-forum.

nutball said:
Can't say I hang out there myself, but whenever I see your question asked elsewhere, the answer is almost always www.avforums.com.

Yep.

www.avtalk.co.uk is another "friendly" Brit/European forum you can check out. AVS is a wealth of info but it's plagued by a few problems inherent to its size and range of expertise. JMHO.

Back