Which is the custom background or theme you have set on your console?

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I wanted to create this topic to share our backgrounds or themes that we set on our consoles. This is mine:

tbilisi-georgia.jpg

I got it from this article featuring the travels of a photographer around the world showing how beauty is defined in 37 countries.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/travel/article/a-photographer-travelled-the-world-to-see-how-beauty-is-defined-in-37-countries/

how do you change PS4 console background?
last time on PS3 and X360 i need to manually hack the theme file or the system.

btw currently im using the free but not really free FF XIV theme on PS4. (it is free for those that have FF XIV, can be tricked by installing FF XIV demo).

original.jpg

btw currently im using the free but not really free FF XIV theme on PS4. (it is free for those that have FF XIV, can be tricked by installing FF XIV demo).

original.jpg
It looks very fancy, and in fact I wouldn't expect that kind of art from a FF game (I find the art on FF a bit bland for my taste). Really beautiful.

I don't know about how you can change background on the PS4. I think it's all about themes?

On the Xbox One you must go to Settings-->My Xbox-->Custom background, and copy an image file to a pendrive or use DLNA so the console find your PC and then you can choose between your images the one you want to set as background --Home button then Set as Background.

Last edited:
wow that was easy. i wonder why ps4 cant do that ...btw do the tmene in X1 have animation and sound fx / bg music?

wow that was easy. i wonder why ps4 cant do that ...btw do the tmene in X1 have animation and sound fx / bg music?
No, no animation, but you can create animated backgrounds using gifs. This is a custom made background for the console:

33deb3f5b235b93690a13576db7373fa.gif

Plus in the future tiles transparency can be customised so your backgrounds will be even more visible behind the tiles -tiles are transparent now already, but the level of transparency is not customisable yet-.

As for something as apparently simple as that, I think that in a forthcoming firmware Sony will add a similar feature. Easy as pie, I think.

in X360, the wallpaper can have animations but MS disabled it in the new metro update (the 1st metro still allow animation). Nice to see at the minimum they still allow animated GIF.

i wonder, if they can incorporate Windows Vista, 7, and 8's "Dream Scene". Allowing MPEG4/MPEG2/WMV videos as "looping background". It very lightweight and looks awesome on my PC.

On PS3 there's an option to set the theme to any image you have on your PS3. I even think when viewing a photo you can press triangle and set it as background, though I may be wrong on that. You certainly don't need to hack themes - I never have!

I'm using this one:
http://themer.xaged.com/QLFOiSc

There's lots of themes on that there are made specifically for the Xbox One in terms of allowing space or incorporating the "fixed" screen assets that can't be moved or covered up (like the Xbox symbol in the top right corner).

Simply download the picture to my PC, navigate over through DLNA and select any picture I want to set as a background. Works really well now, but I know that one of updates allowed it to happen, and also the latest update allows for transparent tiles that improves the overall appearance of the background and tiles.

Hmm I should mess with this.

I dont know, on phones and what not though, I tend to prefer whatever the default wallpaper is. They're usually just the right non distractingly bland. I'll put some gorgeous live wallpaper on, and in about a day it's just annoying.

Would be nice if you could just have the background rotate between images of a folder ala Windows.

I use this theme.

I like dark dynamic themes.
So, PS4 themes do feature music? That's pretty cool if you ask me.

I'm using this one:
http://themer.xaged.com/QLFOiSc

There's lots of themes on that there are made specifically for the Xbox One in terms of allowing space or incorporating the "fixed" screen assets that can't be moved or covered up (like the Xbox symbol in the top right corner).

Simply download the picture to my PC, navigate over through DLNA and select any picture I want to set as a background. Works really well now, but I know that one of updates allowed it to happen, and also the latest update allows for transparent tiles that improves the overall appearance of the background and tiles.
I didn't know you have a Xbox One along with your PS4 and previous generation consoles. If you ever go online, add me, please. Gamertag: Ruin of Palmira. I am not annoying at all.

As for backgrounds, I rather prefer the ones with women I fancy. My ideal woman has features like the one in the original post. :) I also find other cultures quite nice, and for instance Nilotic women are slender (though I don't mind some flesh on women) and beautiful, some asian women are beautiful too. Some English, French, Czech, German, etc etc women are also beautiful.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so they say....still had I to choose only one, ideally it would be like the one in the first post. My first love looked similar to her. Plus my current girlfriend -we are planning to get married and have children some day- is also my type.

Last edited:
Standard PS4 UI. I spend almost no time in the UI - just a few seconds switching between games, the store and the few apps I use.

I wanted to create this topic to share our backgrounds or themes that we set on our consoles. This is mine:

tbilisi-georgia.jpg

I got it from this article featuring the travels of a photographer around the world showing how beauty is defined in 37 countries.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/travel/article/a-photographer-travelled-the-world-to-see-how-beauty-is-defined-in-37-countries/
Nice article. No intentional bias from me, but Oxford, UK and San Francisco, USA are the most beautiful to my eyes.

Oh and I'm glad you've pointed out where your image came from, coz I was thinking "damn, Cyan is a hottie".

And I don't add themes to my consoles. ;)

Nice article. No intentional bias from me, but Oxford, UK and San Francisco, USA are the most beautiful to my eyes.

Oh and I'm glad you've pointed out where your image came from, coz I was thinking "damn, Cyan is a hottie".

And I don't add themes to my consoles. ;)
Your tasteful post just goes to show you have good taste. I have a thing for UK girls, it's not fully intentional but most of those I like are from there. I am a mythomaniac and the likes of Sophie Ellis Bextor, Laura Jackson, Judi Bowker, Katie McGrath, Melissa Clarke..all of them have an album on my facebook page --although I barely use fb-.

As for the photo at the top, I usually like women with similar features to me the most. I can't help it. Those you mentioned though, I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend like them, I mean...when I was in the market. :)

You can just try background pictures instead of themes if you aren't a big fan of themes per se. I had a Christmas theme on the X360 which I kinda liked, but I prefer individual backgrounds.

Back