Which games are you anticipating most for next-gen consoles?

Zoe. Silent hill. And i'm curious to see if they can do something about Guilty Gear X with next gen hardware. Can you say gorgeous...

london-boy said:
Zoe. Silent hill. And i'm curious to see if they can do something about Guilty Gear X with next gen hardware. Can you say gorgeous...

Ooh Guilty Gear X, now that would be nice.

^ As i said in another thread long ago, even today GGX would look much better than it does, if developers bothered to wake up the hardware and make it actually do something other than wait for the sprites to load fom memory. Think GGX with ZOE2 kind of particles. Can't be too hard can it. and this is TODAY. God only knows what could be done next gen...

Heh, I just thought of something. A true remake of Street Fighter 2 using sprites that actually stress the hardware, much like your suggested version of GGX. The gameplay would be the same, only the graphics and sound would be different. That would so own.

The obvious Nintendo stuff (Metroid, Zelda, not a Mario and Pokemon fan though). A SEGA RPG/adventure (SoA 2? Dare I hope?). Something new from Capcom, VJ was hilarious. A real upgrade of Soul Calibur (SC2 is real good, SC is still the best IMO).

-Final Fantasy with seamless huge detailed world and towns and dungeons
-New Grand Theft Auto with detailed city and better NPC AI, running at 60 fps.
-Silent Hill
-Gran Turismo with dynamic weather/time and real city maps where you can drive à la Midtown Madness, anywhere you like. If you have the PSP+GPS connected, the map+weather+traffic data is received via the GPS.

Edit: Oh, and not to forget some Nintendo stuff:

-Zelda, I prefer a more cartoony looking Zelda than going for a realistic look, but with effects x 100000. A 'painted' fantasy animation look Zelda would look amazing!
-A Mario RPG with conventional (Toy Story, Shrek...) type 3D graphics, huge, detailed worlds....
-Metroid
-Pikmin Urban Adventure: A Pikmin game set in a big town with parks people, traffic and all.
Edit: That Urban Pikmin idea is starting to grow on me. Just imagine you'd be in a city avoiding all the associated dangers. A next gen NIntendo should be capable to render the world in such a detail that a sense of you being tiny small in a big city could be effectively reproduced. The viewpoint should mostly remain that of from ground level, to be effective.

And some good old scripted adventure game brought technically up to date. An entertaining, humorous, exciting story like Lucasarts used to make them (thanks l-b for bringing back the memories of Manic Mansion in an earlier thread).

Overall I'd like the developers to consentrate more on the athmosphere and emotional impact on graphics and stories. More distinct graphical styles that serve the game well, take for example ICO. There's too much of thet "shiny shine bumpy bump glossy gloss" 3D in games that makes them too generic looking.

Metal Gear Solid would be even more amazning. Basically I want these:

- Fully destructible surroundings
- Realistic Water/Fire/smoke/weather and other effects
- No 2D/cardboard trees/humans
- 60 FPS
- Realistic Animation
- Realistic lighting

etc,

BTW, I think action-adventure games (or rather full 3d) like MGS/SH will gain most from next gen hardware as Fighting/racing games have limited view space.

london-boy said:
^ ^ MGS is the last of my worries. All you mentioned left me quite dry to be honest... Not sure why.
A dry season, eh? That's what thinking you'd rather fancy girls does to a gay... leaves you dry :D

rabidrabbit said:
london-boy said:
^ ^ MGS is the last of my worries. All you mentioned left me quite dry to be honest... Not sure why.
A dry season, eh? That's what thinking you'd rather fancy girls does to a gay... leaves you dry :D

HEY!!! To be honest i'm still drooling at my newly opened gmail account... 1GB free space YAY!!!!! So anything else leaves me quite dry to be honest...

gmail huh? hm that's why my yahoo mail acounts are upgraded to 100mb . thank you gmail :LOL:

i would like to see a real nextgen 3d fighter with superrealistic graphix and killer animation in moves and clothes..

and some good 2d shooters 8)

Eternal Darkness 2 (Insanity both in gameplay as graphics)
Virtua Fighter 5 (real-time weather effects on clothes)
The Legend of Zelda (The Four Swords with 4 photorealistic Link characters)
Zone of The Enders 3
Jet Set Radio: Evolution/Revolution/...
Skies of Arcadia 2
Shenmue 3 (if it's going to be released on this generation Shenmue 4 ;))
Sega Rally 3 (Bye bye WRC/Colin...)
New Sonic title in 2D/semi 3D. :)
New Daytona USA
New Pilotwings
New WaveRace
New 1080°
New Kessen (500.000 characters on screen? :))

Could name more, but... :)

I'm really looking forward for Galleon 2 with "circle shadowing" and "textures" and maybe, if the tech allow it, "gouraud shading" .
icon65.gif

(j/k)

I'm waiting for an iteration of the Star Ocean serie, a MGS, the next Naughty dog/Insomiac and of course a GTA...

And a new Eternal Arcadia/Skies of Arcadia. :D

I want a new Ico. Not an Ico sequel. A game that hits me as much as ICO did. Whatever game it is. But it's not directly tied to hardware capabilities so i'll shut up now and retire to my cave.

Back