Which 360 SKU did you pick?

Which 360 SKU do you own? (pick all that apply)

• Core

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Arcade

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Pro

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Elite

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

obonicus

Veteran
Just a bit of curiosity when it comes to the 360 SKUs. If you have had multiple 360s, please select more than one. If you don't own a 360 then don't respond to the poll.

Bought the Pro in December 2006. Sold it in April 2009 and bought the Elite.

Tommy McClain

I bought the pro a couple years ago and the 120gb hdd upgrade and official hdmi cable since I didn't have a hdmi receiver yet because I don't like the elite's color.

You left out the Premium, so I selected Pro.

Actually the "Premium" was never called that. It was just called the Xbox 360., but yeah there is a difference between the 2. The former was only 20gb and the latter was either 20gb or 60gb.

Tommy McClain

I chose Core, which is what I bought in Nov 2005 on launch.. I for some reason had decided I wanted a Core over the Pro originally anyway, but I was one of the last ten people or so in line able to get one, and all they had left was cores anyway so I would have had no choice.

They had something along the lines of 40 pro's and 10 Arcade units available, I still remember, and I was between 40-50 in line, all the pro's were gone.

Of course I added a 20GB HD later, and recently picked up a 120GB for $50 at Sears clearance.

I have an old 20GB, one of the first ones to be in Europe I think - mind you I didn't buy it in a store, but got it cheap off a colleague who won one in Germany. I think I paid 160 euros.

You left out the Premium, so I selected Pro.

Yeah, sorry, I was trying to remember if when the core disappeared there was a name shift for the mid-range SKU. I was going to lump the core and arcade together, but I figured some people would complain. But right, select the Pro if you have a premium.

This is mostly a PS3 forum so you aren't gonna get many results here, would probably be better posted elsewhere. Having said that I've had one of each, one pro which I sold when I got the elite on that $299 dell deal way back, and one arcade I added in the bedroom.

Anybody buy the Halo 3 Special Edition SKU or the Resident Evil Limited Edition SKU?

Xbox_360_Halo_3_Special_Edition_1.jpg

MRBT1JOII3QBC3DKG7.jpg

Those were the only 2 special bundles in the US. I'm sure there were others in other countries.

Tommy McClain

This is mostly a PS3 forum so you aren't gonna get many results here, would probably be better posted elsewhere.

I guess it's a very vocal minority then. :smile:

I don't know that you'd be able to get results in a poll like this that would be representative of the general gaming population on any gaming forum. I don't believe this forum is llikely to be any less representative than any other, though, at least when it comes to the SKU breakdown.

As for this forum being disproportionately PS3-focused, that's pretty much indisputable. Previous polls of console ownership have shown as much. And if that's not proof enough, start paying attention to the threads that stay at the top of the Console Games forum and which console the subject games are for. It's incredibly one-sided.

I'm not complaining about it. It's nice that, as a non-owner, I can keep track of what's new and exciting with the PS3 since I tend to keep up with the 360 and PC news on my own. i find that I do have to do a mental conversion to try to translate B3D buzz level to a more general buzz level, though.

I don't know that you'd be able to get results in a poll like this that would be representative of the general gaming population on any gaming forum. I don't believe this forum is llikely to be any less representative than any other, though, at least when it comes to the SKU breakdown.

I don't think I'd get any data representative of the general population, it was more curiosity: given 3 choices of SKUs, the most expensive, the mid-range and the cheapest, which one did B3D 360 owners pick. It's why I was going to put in only 3 choices at first. I've been curious about this since we don't know how the 360 SKUs sell, but I don't think I can draw any conclusions beyond the obvious.

As for this forum being disproportionately PS3-focused, that's pretty much indisputable.

The PS3 is ahead, and in a global sense it's disproportionate, but there's also a lot of European people on this board (and yet curiously we tend to discuss almost every piece of news from a US perspective), so that'll skew things. Among Americans/Canadians I think the distribution is quite different. But then I think the number of people who own both HD systems is also disproportionate.

Previous polls of console ownership have shown as much. And if that's not proof enough, start paying attention to the threads that stay at the top of the Console Games forum and which console the subject games are for. It's incredibly one-sided.

This is true, but this is also a 3d-enthusiast board. So games like Uncharted and Killzone will draw attraction even if it's to pop and post that no, game 'x' does not have the most amazing graphics. (It happens pretty often.) Conversely, Summer of Arcade has been at the top of the Gaming section for a while, just as the 'let's play 360 together' thread hung around for a good while. Reach is always near the top and all Splinter Cell news was posted there and discussed. (Mind you, I don't think that taking a sample right now would help matters -- we're fresh off GC and Sony's presence at the show was bigger than MS').

I don't think I'd get any data representative of the general population, it was more curiosity: given 3 choices of SKUs, the most expensive, the mid-range and the cheapest, which one did B3D 360 owners pick. It's why I was going to put in only 3 choices at first. I've been curious about this since we don't know how the 360 SKUs sell, but I don't think I can draw any conclusions beyond the obvious.

I expected you would view the results in context which is why I bothered to vote and post in the thread.

The PS3 is ahead, and in a global sense it's disproportionate, but there's also a lot of European people on this board (and yet curiously we tend to discuss almost every piece of news from a US perspective), so that'll skew things. Among Americans/Canadians I think the distribution is quite different. But then I think the number of people who own both HD systems is also disproportionate.

EU is roughly 50/50 no? Even with a heavy EU influence vs NA that shouldn't result in the PS3 being ahead without the board being "tilted". I'm more inclined to believe that good early PS3 discussion attracted people who wanted good PS3 discussion which led to more of same attracting more posters, etc.

This is true, but this is also a 3d-enthusiast board. So games like Uncharted and Killzone will draw attraction even if it's to pop and post that no, game 'x' does not have the most amazing graphics. (It happens pretty often.) Conversely, Summer of Arcade has been at the top of the Gaming section for a while, just as the 'let's play 360 together' thread hung around for a good while. Reach is always near the top and all Splinter Cell news was posted there and discussed. (Mind you, I don't think that taking a sample right now would help matters -- we're fresh off GC and Sony's presence at the show was bigger than MS').

It's an overall trend I've noticed while checking that section of the forum multiple times a day for a few years now.

Back