Where or when are the X850 XT hitting the shelves?

I wouldn't expect one under your christmas tree, if that's what you're after. Besides, it's an overclock of the X800. Install one of those Arctic Silencer coolers and you'll reach the same performance.

I could sell my dead sample on Ebay, first X850 XT PE for sale anywhere in the world. Nice paper weight for the discerning collector :?:

I expect widespread availability somewhere in April or so. Until then you can try some preorder crap shoots.

I conspired with a loose 12V wire in a PC to fry an X800 XT PE and I still occasionally whimper into my beer about it.

I had a very sad day when my FireGL X1 128 Engineering samples mem voltage regulater fried. :oops: :cry:
The IC regulating the mem voltage fried and damaged the PBC and having problems finding the small trace wires to solider the new IC to. :cry:

{Sniping}Waste said:
Rys said:
I could sell my dead sample on Ebay, first X850 XT PE for sale anywhere in the world. Nice paper weight for the discerning collector :?:

What happened to it

I was testing The Project for an article and it would die at various points during a run, hardlock, and VPU recover would never pick up the pieces.

Then it died doing 2D on the desktop and took the OS install with it. Now it'll POST and whatnot, but the minute you load a non basic VGA driver, it'll crap out and hang the box.

Rys said:
{Sniping}Waste said:
Rys said:

What happened to it

I was testing The Project for an article and it would die at various points during a run, hardlock, and VPU recover would never pick up the pieces.

Then it died doing 2D on the desktop and took the OS install with it. Now it'll POST and whatnot, but the minute you load a non basic VGA driver, it'll crap out and hang the box.
ya - this was the second of three which HEXUS received...

the first was shipped to us directly from ATi, and worked perfectly.

the second, apparently faulty one Rys is referring to here, came to us directly after a 'testing' session by “the World's Greatest PC Magazineâ€￾...

and the third, in association with new ATi AIB partner GECUBE, was also shipped to us from a printed publication's testing process, and that worked perfectly too.

i integrated this latter X850XT Platinum Edition into the HEXUS::Fudo system discussed here

the HEXUS::Fudo was the very ATi R480 Reference System upon which Richard Huddy demonstrated the cool Crytek 'TheProject' demo at the HEXUS supported 'Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition Challenge 3' LAN gaming event in London this weekend.

the HEXUS::Fudo is briefly pictured here - expect more detailed nudies, and video, real soon :mrgreen:

Back