Where are the NV18 and NV28?

silly it will be next week right as the NDA comes off the 9700 for reviews ;)

Just kidding as I have no idea. But seeing how one company has done that in the past I would not be supprised if it happens again...

I don't think it matters when the chips are launched, since the high end market will belong to ATI for a while and NV28 won't unfortunately be able to do anything about that... :cry:

The only unfortunate thing is lack of competition in that space.

But, c'est la vie. Somebody's got to be on top. ;)

Well, I listened to the Nvidia CC today, and they didn't say one thing about the NV18 or the NV28, other than that they would be officially announced soon.

I found that a bit annoying (since I was expecting some news) so I did a little poking around on the internet, and found this link:

http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid=4924&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Apparently the Nforce2 Northbridge with integrated graphics (or "Nforce2 IGP") is also referred to as the "NV18" in several places on the internet (check here as well):

http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid=4959

So apparently the NV18 that Jen Hsun mentioned had 81 million transistors at the July 11th CC, was actually the "crush" version of the NV18, i.e. the Nforce2 IGP.

Which is why some of us are fairly confident that the NV18 and NV28 GPU's are nothing more than GF4 MX and GF4 Ti cores (respectively) with AGP8X and perhaps one or two other minor tweaks.

;)

DaveBaumann said:
we read the thread - the enitre thing doesn't have to be repeated in every post! :rolleyes:

It's still more productive than the same number of column inches of nv30 vs. R300 :D

Q: Where are the nv18 and nv28?

A: If they are only what they are cracked up to be, who cares? :D

Pete said:
On a useful note, the 4600 is as low as $240--absofrigginlutely incredible. The NV28 must be close.

ATi better hurry up with the R9500 or I may have to get one of those! ;)

Oh yeah:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Back