Where are the Cube games Nintendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the fact that I haven't bought a Cube game since Zelda: Wind Waker? I don't like kart racing or Metal Gear Solid, so when is Nintendo going to release anything worthwhile for the Cube?

Xbox has:

Ninja Gaiden
Fable
Sudeki
Rallisport Challenge 2
Kameo
Doom 3
Halo 2
B.C.
Psychonauts
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Full Spectrum Warrior

PS2 has:

Metal Gear Solid 3
GT 4
FFXII
GTA: SA
Jak III
Killzone
Sly II

This year! When is Nintendo going to step up to the plate?

Are Metroid Prime 2, RE 4, and Pikmin 2 actually going to make it out this year? I realize that Nintendo likes to keep things close to their vest before E3, but this is pretty ridiculous.

One full year without a worthy exclusive for me to buy. I'm beginning to regret my Cube purchase. I knew that I would only get about 3 games per year for it, but I only own 4 games for the thing!

Johnny Awesome said:
One full year without a worthy exclusive for me to buy. I'm beginning to regret my Cube purchase. I knew that I would only get about 3 games per year for it, but I only own 4 games for the thing!

Beginning to regret? You've been making your point of how awful GC is since the goddamn thing came out, Mr. Awesome.

Yes, let's speculate if these games will ever come out this year. Might as well ponder on Doom 3 and Halo 2 being released this year on the Xbox. What is the purpose of this thread? You've made it quite clear in the past your dissatisfaction with Nintendo and the Gamecube. I disagree with your list of games and find what you state contradictory. You dislike Metal Gear Solid yet include MGS3 for the PS2. Do you know for sure Kameo will make it out this year for the Xbox? Do you know for sure Sudeki will be worth it as an exclusive? There are a lot more exclusives coming out on the PS2 this year than there is on the Xbox, why not list them?

Johnny Awesome:

> so when is Nintendo going to release anything worthwhile for the Cube?

I know you're just trolling as usual (and deserve to get banned for it) but I'll bite. Just because the games don't cater to your tastes (or lack of) doesn't mean they're not worthwhile to others.

> Ninja Gaiden

Tecmo

> Fable

2004 release is far from given.

> Kameo

See above.

> Doom 3

See above.

> Halo 2

Will probably make it but has already been pushed back once.

> B.C.

2004 release is far from given.

> Dead or Alive Ultimate

Tecmo

> Full Spectrum Warrior

THQ

> Metal Gear Solid 3

Konami.

> FFXII

Square-Enix

> GTA: SA

Take 2

> When is Nintendo going to step up to the plate?

Oh I doubt they'll do anything that pleases you anytime soon.

> Are Metroid Prime 2, RE 4, and Pikmin 2 actually going to make it out
> this year?

Yes.

> I realize that Nintendo likes to keep things close to their vest before E3,
> but this is pretty ridiculous.

More ridiculous than announcing games 2-3 years in advance and then having to cut feature after feature because you made promises you can't keep?

More ridiculous than announcing games 2-3 years in advance

You mean like annoucing games such as too human or 100 marios? You're right, nintendo never does that :rolleyes: . I don't agree with Johnny' thread, but you throw out some rediculous statements too man.

Star Fox 2
Tales of Symphonia
Pikmin 2
WWE: DOR (I'm really looking forward to it anyway)
Killer 7
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Mario Tennis

After E3 I suspect we may be adding most of these games to the list:

Viewtiful Joe 2
Mario 128
Wind Waker 2 (obviously not actually called that)
Game Zero

And we may see something of:

Eternal Darkness 2 and/or Too Human.

You mean like annoucing games such as too human or 100 marios?

100 Mario's was a GC demo and was never announced as a game. Also Too Human was announced by Silicon Knights way before they were ever bought up by Nintendo. In fact when Too Human was announced it was a PS1 exclusive! Its never been officially announced for GC to my knowledge.

I just prefer not to worry so much, I buy the games I want when they become available in shops, or failing that, when I got the money to actually afford them. ;)

Edited by moderator:

Do not use profanity in such a way to insult another board member. This is your first warning, refrain from such action in the future.

Its never been officially announced for GC to my knowledge.

It was just assumed, and rightfully so. Still different than an announcement though.

And Mario Tennis!!! One can only dream. :D

My favorite multiplayer console game by far last gen.

EDIT:

whoops :oops:

Why make a thread like this? You own 4 games, I own 30. Nintendo has released game(s) besides MK:DD since Zelda..

Edit: Maybe you should just stick to 2 consoles, Johnny.. like I do. I'd love to own the PS2.. the games are obviously great and abundant.. but I have lots of games coming out for my Xbox and GCN so it'd be far too hard to keep up if I got a PS2.

I'd also like to note that your lists include 3rd-party games. Funny how you glaze over titles like Viewtiful Joe (widely considered a GOTY candidate last year) which was exclusive to the 'Cube. Nintendo isn't the only one making games.

Man I'm feeling the exact opposite Johnny. My XB has been collecting major dust till Ninja Gaiden arrived. On the other hand my GCN has never been played so much. MKDD has proved it's got unlimited playtime (if you have friends). As is FFCC a fun multiplayer game. Now MGSTS and Bond.

I am happy with NG though. Ths XB needed this game badly. I have a love hate relationship with my XB. I will agree that EAD and NST are slower than syrup..but not as slow as Rare. :LOL:

Johnny Awesome, I know well. He has been posting for a long time at http://alwaysgame.com/bboard/ , and he is a huge Xbox fan. He is not really anti-Nintendo and I don't see anything wrong with being a huge Xbox fan, but just keep in mind these posts of his are more about Xbox advocacy than anything else. No offense Johnny, as I actually think you are a decent guy, but sometimes you get carried away with your Xbox cheerleading.

You know full well, what games are coming out on the GCN, as you are very well informed, but for whatever reason those games don't appeal to you.

And now I will perform a great magic trick. By locking this thread so tight no one can unlock it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back