Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that looks at that and the first thing that pops into my head is the original Duke controller for Xbox? A PS version of it, but it just seems strikingly similar to me in bulkiness. I'm sure it's not nearly that large, but it looks bulky and clunky.

Regards,
SB

I was getting Dreamcast & Gamecube vibes not Xbox.

s.php

evolution_of_game_gontrollers.jpg
http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2013/04/infographic-evolution-of-video-game.html

Tommy McClain

I think we will have nothing today. This was a trap. and one guy will be ban on resetera.
It's the first day of the playstation meeting... Maybe they'll say something about ps5, just enough to avoid him getting banned. After all, that was precisely the gamble :LOL:

It's the first day of the playstation meeting... Maybe they'll say something about ps5, just enough to avoid him getting banned. After all, that was precisely the gamble :LOL:

The venture beat guy is just trolling. They know people wait Sony reveal and they play with it. There will be nothing today and probably before end of February.

Last edited:
The venture beat guy is just trolling. They know people wait So y reveal and they play with it. There will be nothing today and probably b fore end of February.
It's some beautiful trolling, like nobody was invited and it's happening in secret. If there's an event we will get all journalists talking about their invite weeks in advance.

It's some beautiful trolling, like nobody was invited and it's happening in secret. If there's an event we will get all journalists talking about their invite weeks in advance.

Which is why we get announcements to announcements now (bowing to reality).

Of course this isn’t the case. Companies do price adjustments all the time. It does not constitute ”misleading investors”.
There is a world of difference between adjusting the price of a released product that isn't selling well to knowingly publicising misleading statements.

I still dont understand, what purpose does it suit Sony or MS or whoever to announce the specs/price more than half a year in advance?

Does apple announce the price/specs of the next iphone 8 months before it launches? No, why not?
What purpose does announcing this stuff many months early serve?

I can only think of something along the lines of, well little joey needs to save up his pocketmoney to get the $500 to get the new ps5/xbox one series x in november so he needs 10 months warning cause he can only save at $10 a week
my answer to this is, perhaps its radical -> little joey theres 2 new consoles coming out in november they will be about $500 and 75% the power of the top PC at the time, start saving now, in november take your cash and choose which one you want (if any)

My only answer would be be that...Apple is Apple. They can do their own thing because they don't have any direct competitors. Sony and Microsoft are in direct competition so they kinda have to take into account what the other is doing when marketing.

For instance one company does a steady stream of info and news and reveals over the course of a year and the other doesn't do anything until a month before the product launches then it could effect the hype around each product. Gamers are a pretty engaged consumer.

The fact that they are releasing the same time only heightens this.

I've heard they are completely rebranding the next Lego Batman as Lego DarkSpandexFlyMan after the coronavirus outbreak to avoid any possible bad press.

I still dont understand, what purpose does it suit Sony or MS or whoever to announce the specs/price more than half a year in advance?
For a lot of people, laying down £/€/$400 to £/€/$500 for a videogame console is a serious investment of money at an already-expensive time of the year and requires saving for it. To save for it they have to be a) excited enough to save for it and b) know how much they need to save sufficiently in advance to have enough for launch.

Does apple announce the price/specs of the next iphone 8 months before it launches? No, why not
This Apple(tm)s to oranges. Apple release a new phone, which typically iterates on the previous model, every 12 months. But the first iPhone was announced in January 2007 and released six months later in June. Marketing (incl. product reveals) is usually relative to a product's lifecycle. The same is true of the volume of marketing, i.e. you see a more Apple advertising after a new product reveal than you do ten months later.

No it said buit for purpose SSD, it means fully custom SSD built around gaming.

Which we knew because its a games console. Just like for the ps4 it was build for the purpose of gaming. It doesnt mean either its fully custom.
And then the 8k ’tv support’, why not report hdmi2.1, doesnt sound as exciting? A whole lot of nothing again, we knew all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back