When will R650 ship?

When will we see R650?

• I have no idea what R650 is.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • R650 doesn't exist, never has, and never will.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have absolutely no idea. / Who cares?

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • There won't be any 80nm retail R600 cards at all, it'll jump straight to 65nm!

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • It'll appear 1 month after the R600 launch.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2 months after the R600 launch.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • 3 months after the R600 launch.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • 4 or more months after R600.

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters
Cant place a bet, NDA :p
Presumably you haven't really signed an NDA banning you from talking about R650, because, if you had, you wouldn't be allowed to tell us that you had? I ask because, if you have actually signed an R650 NDA, that implies that it's likely to be released very soon. :cool: No doubt you can neither confim or deny that? :D

Oops I voted wrong.. I went for no R600 in 65nm, when I read it as flagship R600. I think that R650 will be out after a month and that will be the retail xtx on 65nm. Of course I have absolutely nothing to base this on apart from what I read around the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that R650 will be out after a month and that will be the retail xtx on 65nm. Of course I have absolutely nothing to base this on apart from what I read around the internet.

I think the same too, the xtx version coming with r650 65nm core in june (computex).

Well in that conference call Orton seemed pretty uncomfortable talking about R600 and highlighted the upcoming R650 parts. So I'd say 1-2 months is a good bet.

Aye, I'm going with approximately a month after. Considering that's about when the R600 resfresh should be hitting if R600 had launched in time for the holiday season last year.

Couple that with the fact that AMD is leaving a rather large space above the rumored 400 USD price point of the HD 2900 XT.

And considering that all indications (rumors) are that AMD/ATI has no problems with 65nm and R650 going well with no "snags"...

Still, it's all guesswork at this point. :p

Regards,
SB

Back