What's with me leg?

Moloch

God of Wicked Games
Veteran
I went snowboarding in late decemeber and fell on my ass pretty hard.. felt like I had to shit for a few minutes hard.
But I was fine got up and when down the rest of the mtn.
I noticed on break that my left asscheek hurt a bit.. a deep pain like a bruise, except it wasn't (I checked when I got home ;) ) and my upper rear of my leg hurt a bit also.
The next day I couldn't move my leg much without hurting my ass and rear of my leg.
It was feeling a lil better 2 days later so went boarding again and it was fine, hurt but once I started down couldn't tell.
But now that I'm back home (went up there for a 5 days with family starting the 28th to the 1st to give you and idea of time thats went by) my leg generally doesn't hurt but if I leave my leg in certain positions it will start to hurt the back of my whole thigh.
In fact on jan 9th I went to dave and busters and was playing the Ferrari 355 challenge gamethat includes a clutch pedal and a gate shifter and I spent a few hours total on that game and it really started to hurt me towards the end of the night to where I had to switch to using the flappy paddle fear box since the act of clutching hurt my leg.

Hairline fracture, or just a big bruise inside the muscle itself? No idea what's wrong with you, I'm not a doctor...

Hey, maybe that might be a good idea, go see one rather than ask on a web forum! :D

I struck a hard surface with my right-hand fist a back in mid-'02, and somehow seem to have damaged the first joint of my pinky finger, it hurt for years afterwards in some angles, and mobility of the finger is somewhat diminished. I never bothered to check it out, maybe if I had I would have been spared a bunch of pain. Take that as a hint. :)

You should probably have that amputated...erm...I mean...checked out by a doctor (X-ray). Could just be a sprain but the hip and joints can cause major problems if left unattended. It's possible it's a nerve and/or a fracture, but you would feel that differently, like a zapping pain, like a jolt down the leg. If it's a continuous "hum" then you are probably just bruised.

Bend over and I'll find someone to take a look for ya! :p

Oh, btw, I am not a doctor, at least not a REAL doctor (like Dr Tran) so I suggest you go in and have that looked at. Even if it's nothing serious they may give you some meds to help with the pain until it heals itself.

One tip: Never take medical advice from the Net. All searches lead to one invariable conclusion by searching the Net: AIDS. ;)

And best wishes for a speedy recovery.

wireframe said:
One tip: Never take medical advice from the Net. All searches lead to one invariable conclusion by searching the Net: AIDS. ;)

Really? When I did a search for my symptoms and malaise on the Net I was advised that I was suffering from PMS. :???:

i took a pretty huge tumble snowboarding (which just happens to be on video :LOL: ) this december (16-24th)

hurt my shoulder but carried on with the holiday (happened mid week) and it still hurts a bit now, especially if i move my arm awkwardly.... tis getting much better though, so just give it some good healing time

Well, a contusion of the tailbone is pretty much a pain in the .... Seriously, this will hurt for quite some time. Just to stay on the save side, get it checked out by a doctor, even though it is probably nothing serious.

You might have damaged your sciatic nerve - they are the big nerves that run down your lower back and into your legs. Doing stuff like sitting down and playing racing games for hours on end is probably aggravating it, especially if the nerve is still a bit bruised and sensitised at the moment.

hupfinsgack said:
Well, a contusion of the tailbone is pretty much a pain in the .... Seriously, this will hurt for quite some time. Just to stay on the save side, get it checked out by a doctor, even though it is probably nothing serious.
My ass is fine actually :LOL:
Its just my leg.. the back of it which aches.
I actually can't play racing games on my pc anymore untill I RMA my wheel.. the bloody pedal connector on the wheel is borked :devilish:
I found out when I tried to play some LFS.
Right before getting a new sys too.

So ya.. my leg.. ya its more of an ache than a pain.. and it's in the muscle (sorry if I wasn't clear).
ill give it a week and if it still hurts ill go have a young female doctor feel me up.

radeonic2 said:
My ass is fine actually :LOL:
Its just my leg.. the back of it which aches.
I actually can't play racing games on my pc anymore untill I RMA my wheel.. the bloody pedal connector on the wheel is borked :devilish:
I found out when I tried to play some LFS.
Right before getting a new sys too.

So ya.. my leg.. ya its more of an ache than a pain.. and it's in the muscle (sorry if I wasn't clear).
ill give it a week and if it still hurts ill go have a young female doctor feel me up.

where on your leg (belly of the leg or near your hip joint or knee) is the pain and is it radiating?

When do you get the pain, extending, or contraction of the leg, or hip?

From what you said so far, you just pulled your hamstrings alittle when ya fell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Razor1 said:
where is the pain and is the pain sharp or radiating?
Raditating I believe, near my knee when contracting my leg.
With my leg straight it seems to greatly ease the pain and conversely bending my knees makes it hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
radeonic2 said:
Raditating I believe.. its a general area although there is one small area where the pain is greater though.
That would be like 12~ inchs up from my knee.. back of leg.
With my leg straight it seems to greatly ease the pain and conversely bending my knee makes it hurt.

Oh ok you strained a muscle, aslong as ya don't see any deep bruises :), anyways go see a cute a female doctor should make it feel all better :LOL:

Razor1 said:
Oh ok you strained a muscle, aslong as ya don't see any deep bruises :), anyways go see a cute a female doctor should make it feel all better :LOL:
I dont see any brusing at all.

Razor1 said:
where on your leg (belly of the leg or near your hip joint or knee) is the pain and is it radiating?

When do you get the pain, extending, or contraction of the leg, or hip?

From what you said so far, you just pulled your hamstrings alittle when ya fell.

Decided you didn't want to share that story after all, huh..:LOL:

radeonic2 said:
I dont see any brusing at all.
You can have a bruise and not see it. The visible bruise is usually in the subcutaneous fat. I fell skateboarding once and landed all my weight on my forearm, I thought I broke it at first, and it hurt really bad. The muscle swelled up, though it is surrounded by tissue that does not allow it to do so much, and I couldn't move my fingers, but there was no bruising. It got better though...

Sxotty said:
You can have a bruise and not see it. The visible bruise is usually in the subcutaneous fat. I fell skateboarding once and landed all my weight on my forearm, I thought I broke it at first, and it hurt really bad. The muscle swelled up, though it is surrounded by tissue that does not allow it to do so much, and I couldn't move my fingers, but there was no bruising. It got better though...
leg doesn't seem to be swelled up either.

So what story does Razor have that he isn't sharing?

radeonic2 said:
leg doesn't seem to be swelled up either.

So what story does Razor have that he isn't sharing?

If you notice, his post was edited after about 6 minutes.
It's his story, and I'm not repeating it.....

Sinistar said:
Decided you didn't want to share that story after all, huh..:LOL:

I didn't read Radeonic's post fully, didn't see he already wrote it was a dull ache ;) . Most likely the radiating pain he is talking about is more like a pulling pain while rotating or contracting his hamstring. If it was a radiating pain that was shooting down his leg well then he has a pinched nerve, thats not good :)

If the pain was when he extends his knee joint and it was in the back of the leg, then most likely a deep bruise in his hamstring, thats what I was wondering ;) and didn't clarify in my original question.

Razor1 said:
I didn't read Radeonic's post fully, didn't see he already wrote it was a dull ache ;) . Most likely the radiating pain he is talking about is more like a pulling pain while rotating or contracting his hamstring. If it was a radiating pain that was shooting down his leg well then he has a pinched nerve, thats not good :)

If the pain was when he extends his knee joint and it was in the back of the leg, then most likely a deep bruise in his hamstring, thats what I was wondering ;) and didn't clarify in my original question.
Oh.. I didn't understand what ya meant by radiating :oops:

Back