What's the state of the Xbox Live Creator's program content?

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
Has anyone had a look at the open self-publishing platform? What's the quality like? Are Early Access titles decently featured, or are games mostly complete?

Hmmm. I signed up and got accepted, but have not yet done anything with it. There's a lot of documentation and support but I didn't get to the part of delivery.

I think if you require more than the "content creators" power specs, you will need to go through ID@xbox.

That pretty much leaves very weak mobile style games on the platform.

Universal Windows Platform games get an upgrade in resources...

0e01fc7be9eb04fc087cc23c09194953.png

https://blogs.windows.com/buildinga...-windows-platform-games-fall-xbox-one-update/

As for content so far there are less than 70 games & about 75% are paid for. Most content looks like low quality mobile fare. There are a few gems in there though. Seems to be about the same ratio as Xbox Live Indie Games on the 360. Only bad thing is there's no way to sort of filter the games on the console store. I'm sure that will change as more titles are available. If I were a developer I would use it for prototyping & upgrade to their ID@Xbox program as soon as possible to get access to achievements & Xbox Live multiplayer.

Tommy McClain

If I were a developer I would use it for prototyping & upgrade to their ID@Xbox program...
That's the idea, but I don't know how 'prototype' is permissible. MS might not have any limits but users aren't going to want their time wasted with very incomplete works all the time or else the platform will die horribly. Then again, users aren't in control and it might go that way anyway, and may just be best to get on their ASAP while it's not saturated with dross!

That's the idea, but I don't know how 'prototype' is permissible. MS might not have any limits but users aren't going to want their time wasted with very incomplete works all the time or else the platform will die horribly. Then again, users aren't in control and it might go that way anyway, and may just be best to get on their ASAP while it's not saturated with dross!
Microsoft have actually recommended the same path. So prototyping is permissable. But you're going to want to balance the pros & cons of that path. Your first impression may be key. I wouldn't put up a bug ridden, incomplete game for instance, even if you're prototyping. Also, if you're fully intending to go for achievements then I absolutely wouldn't charge money for the Creator's Collection version. Plus, if its already available on other platforms then waiting for ID@Xbox might not be wise since somebody else could still your thunder on Xbox with a clone real quick. Like I said: pros & cons. Good luck!

Tommy McClain

Back